Sled Deck Extension ?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Hi I have a 8' truck box and a 8' sled deck. I hate that the deck ends right above my tailgate, the water drips onto tailgate and ends up getting the box wet. I would love to extend the front of the deck about 4". I know I could just set the deck further back but I don't want to do this as I think it would look cheesy with the headache rack set back from the cab.

Any thoughts? The deck is a Marlon Pro

Scott

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was like that too. Hated that part of it. Always thought of extended the back out

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice looking deck. Can you rivet a flexible piece of rubber to the bottom/back of the deck to direct drips past the tailgate?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same hate for my full lotus! But my decking ends an inch an a half short of the tail gate, yet the the side rail is so long a guy almost looses an eye if they aren’t paying attention walking around the truck and it kissed a nice hole into my trailer around a tight corner.

Bull shat! I’m sure they build it that way because the decking sheets are 8’ Long, but it would have been so easy to design with a aluminum filler at the front before the decking starts. Also be a good spot for extra tie down anchors.

I have a plan to seal mine up but it’s bullshat to have to mod a premium grade deck!

Top Bottom