sled deck and mega cabs

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been stopped.....There's no way you should be overloaded, but those pics make it look very unstable.....it's alot of leverage on the suspension....almost looks like you have a spring problem or somehing....air bags would fix that up a bit...

The mega cab box is 6'4" but look at the geometry, find the centre of the truck, the rear in realation to rear axle......all your weight is sitting behind the rear wheels, not the best way to carry a load. Also the lift kit plays with the gemotry as well

GVWR on the Mega cab with DRW is 10,500lb on the DRW Long box it's 12,200. Payload goes from 2970 lbs for the Mega Cab to 4850 lb for the Long Box

We went with Dodges crew cab long box.....Diesel....Fuel mileage good be better, to scarded to chip it, like the warranty.....

RIVERSIDE1

Reaction score
The mega cabs are fine to have decks on. One things is because of the shorter box put bags in the back of the truck and then it is fine DECKS 008.jpg

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been stopped.....There's no way you should be overloaded, but those pics make it look very unstable.....it's alot of leverage on the suspension....almost looks like you have a spring problem or somehing....air bags would fix that up a bit...

The mega cab box is 6'4" but look at the geometry, find the centre of the truck, the rear in realation to rear axle......all your weight is sitting behind the rear wheels, not the best way to carry a load. Also the lift kit plays with the gemotry as well

GVWR on the Mega cab with DRW is 10,500lb on the DRW Long box it's 12,200. Payload goes from 2970 lbs for the Mega Cab to 4850 lb for the Long Box

We went with Dodges crew cab long box.....Diesel....Fuel mileage good be better, to scarded to chip it, like the warranty.....

Yeah I am deffinatly not overloaded, and no i have never been stopped, other then the Lights pointing at the sky at night the truck is nice to drive with the deck on and 2 sleds on it, that extra weight just glues it to the road.
What year are you crew cabs, I have a intake,exaust and a preditor chip in my truck, and before I put the lift on cruising down the highway at 110km/h I was getting 1000kms to 100liters, I pull the chip out before I go to the shop and I have never had a problem with warrenty, and actually never Had any problems that could have been caused by the chip, But I also never take my chip off the fuel mileage setting, But I have heard of guys cranking there chips up and blowing motors and trannys, guess its all in how you want to use it

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Headlights take about 10seconds to adjust...all you need is a torx screwdriver

Attachments

• Quadding May Long 2008 001.jpg
    Quadding May Long 2008 001.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 67
Top Bottom