sled almost lit on fire!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was riding in valemount from the 18-21 and on sunday I went to change my shock pressure (I was already 30 km's into riding) and noticed that my sled was pooring gas out of my my sled by the top of the shock. I opened up my panel to see if my line was cracked nope wasnt cracked but i did have a nice big puddle of fuel under my clutch starting to fill up. I quickly opened and closed my gas cap and it stopped the leaking fuel. It's a good thing I stopped and adjusted my shock pressure or that fuel in my clutch would have dumped all over my y-pipe on the next turn i did :eek:. I figured it out that it was an overflow of some sort but come on find a different spot for the it to drip instaed of into hot parts :realmad:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an overflow/breather line fitting beside each shock on the inside that vents to the outside....maybe one of yours fell off.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutch side is gas,mag side is coolant,both are located right above the shock tower

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was on the clutch side I was trying to check my breather hoses all seemed to be in place I'm wondering if it is because I have a belly pan on it? it was literally pouring into my clutch compartment I sat there for a good hour trying to get the mess it made out of the clutches and y-pipe but after that sled ran great

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the breather hose is zap straped to the pyramid frame and goes on a little plastic nipple located right above the shock tower

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah thats the place i checked and all was tight. my bad maxwell I probably should have buddy but we were riding with a little more rookie group this time but will be back forsure for end of march starting of april

Top Bottom