Slave Lake Rally

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard there is going to be a rally here in Slave Lake October 1 I will get some info on it and post it up.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the info I gathered off the poster

Registration is 9:00 am--11:00 am
Location is Motocross parking lot (just south of town on the old dump road)
First hand is $20.00
Ghost hands are $10.00
1/2 way BBQ lunch provided
This is advertised as a family fun run but there are a lot of trails to try out up there so whatever your flavor of rideing is you can find it there.

Lahey99

Reaction score
hmm might have to make way up to that one...never been before is it about 3.5 hr drive from west edmonton?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is the info I gathered off the poster

Registration is 9:00 am--11:00 am
Location is Motocross parking lot (just south of town on the old dump road)
First hand is $20.00
Ghost hands are $10.00
1/2 way BBQ lunch provided
This is advertised as a family fun run but there are a lot of trails to try out up there so whatever your flavor of rideing is you can find it there.

Any idea where the proceeds are going, and if camping is available?

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the proceeds are going toward the building of a local church and I'm not sure of the camping but I will check into it tomorrow

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
naw I can get to downtown Edmonton in under 3 hours from the west end maybe 2.5 or a little more

Coldone

Reaction score
Hmm... This one sounds a little interesting.. Whats the terrain like out there??

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The terrain around here consist's of muskeg, mud, some hills (very small ones) some nice hard pack trails basically a little of everthing just depends on what your looking for. I went out on the weekend and stayed out of the skeg just played in the mud and on the trails, but there is a lot of skeg if you like that sort of thing I am trying to stay out of that with the sxs but some times it is not possible

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what as bad as it sounds I don't think there is a club here in town. You would think that there would be with pretty much 1 or more quad per house hold

Coldone

Reaction score
HA! With Deano responding on this thing it's a sure fire bet you've got a handful of people coming up from the Edmonton area.... Gotta love the Interweb!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what as bad as it sounds I don't think there is a club here in town. You would think that there would be with pretty much 1 or more quad per house hold

Well, is this posted on a web site somewhere? I did some exhaustive searching and checked out the SL event caledar only to come up blank. ...just looking for some details and more concise directions (since I'm unfamiliar with the SL area).

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, is this posted on a web site somewhere? I did some exhaustive searching and checked out the SL event caledar only to come up blank. ...just looking for some details and more concise directions (since I'm unfamiliar with the SL area).

PM'ed you

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just before you get to town there is an intersection, hwy 88 is on the right and the old dump road is on the left. Take the left and follow it up to the dirt bike track.

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have a Quadding in Alberta/Canada site on Facebook.................one of the folks on there added a photo of the poster that is up in Slave Lake

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ryano, need some GPS Data please ?? Got the road, how far SOUTH. If you do not have a GPS Unit, You can use Google Earth and fake it.

Bruce.

Top Bottom