Skydiving!!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a search for a thread on this, came up with not much!!

Went skydiving tandem for my first time ever yesterday, couldn't of asked for a better day. 30+ degrees, clear blue skies and some of the nicest scenery there is. We went to Okanagan skydive in Vernon, and it was freaken amazing!!! When I get all my pics ill throw some up. My wife and I went up together in a little cessna 182 and got to jump right after each other. Im hooked and cant wait to do it again!!! spins and flips and pure awesomeness!! if you've never done it I recommend it!! if you have awesome!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
One of my ex-employees tried it for the first time 4 or 5 years ago, and now he makes a lot of money on the side packing the parachutes, and he also teaches now, and is a member of a technical aerobatics team, entering competitions all over the world..... It is very addictive, apparently :)

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Both my kids have done it. One day they just told us.... we are going skydiving, Got it on vid. First ever plane ride for my daughter she jumped out !! Kind of funny when ya think about it !

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're in Alberta, Eden North is the place to go. I'm pretty dang new at this, but I understand they are the most reputable in Alberta and possibly even Canada. I'm unsure what the other drop zones offer, but if you go to Eden, I highly recommend NOT doing the tandom. It takes longer and costs a bit more, but I suggest doing your "first solo" course which is a 6 hour class and a 3500' cute-only (no freefall) jump. After completion of this you will likely be recommended for AFF (advanced freefall certification) which consists of 6 freefalls that incrementally build you up with the skills you need to jump yourself. Of course, you don't have to commit to taking the whole program, but the first jump is from 12500' with a 7500' freefall. This is similar to the tandom jump, but it's basically all YOU with an instructor on each side of you to coach you during freefall. ...then you can truly brag that you skydived, plus you have the advantage of using that credit to continue and get your AFF certification if you decide you really like it. For those of you who are really nervous about jumping, you may actually find this route a little easier since they educate and drill you so rigerously that you will have the confidence to eliminate all those "what ifs" that can go through your mind while your in the plane waiting to jump.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
If you're in Alberta, Eden North is the place to go. I'm pretty dang new at this, but I understand they are the most reputable in Alberta and possibly even Canada. I'm unsure what the other drop zones offer, but if you go to Eden, I highly recommend NOT doing the tandom. It takes longer and costs a bit more, but I suggest doing your "first solo" course which is a 6 hour class and a 3500' cute-only (no freefall) jump. After completion of this you will likely be recommended for AFF (advanced freefall certification) which consists of 6 freefalls that incrementally build you up with the skills you need to jump yourself. Of course, you don't have to commit to taking the whole program, but the first jump is from 12500' with a 7500' freefall. This is similar to the tandom jump, but it's basically all YOU with an instructor on each side of you to coach you during freefall. ...then you can truly brag that you skydived, plus you have the advantage of using that credit to continue and get your AFF certification if you decide you really like it. For those of you who are really nervous about jumping, you may actually find this route a little easier since they educate and drill you so rigerously that you will have the confidence to eliminate all those "what ifs" that can go through your mind while your in the plane waiting to jump.

When you jump make sure you wave at us. We can see the jumpers from Eden North from our place.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We already know bogger can fly we've seen him fly off the picnic table a couple of times now.

As compared to Bogger being tossed outta a plane buy his buddies just to see if he can fly...lol

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you jump make sure you wave at us. We can see the jumpers from Eden North from our place.

Will do, I will be there on Sunday trying to finish off my AFF. ...after failing level 4 on the long weekend.

To answer your question: YES, you can fail a jump without dying!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got drunk at Don Cherry's in Mississauga with a bunch of friends and made a bad bet, we all had to jump to save face the next day or loose some serios coin. Kept at it for 10 jumps then lost the thrill of it. First time out of the plane definatly put a whole new twist on "WTF did I just do?"

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Freaking Way!!!!!!! I will watch from the comforts of the ground thank you very much.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Freaking Way!!!!!!! I will watch from the comforts of the ground thank you very much.

xcitefun-chicken-picture1.jpg ;)

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got drunk at Don Cherry's in Mississauga with a bunch of friends and made a bad bet, we all had to jump to save face the next day or loose some serios coin. Kept at it for 10 jumps then lost the thrill of it. First time out of the plane definatly put a whole new twist on "WTF did I just do?"

No kidding, thats how I felt, the whole plane ride up to 9500 ft i was cool and calm, when they gave the 30 second warning and put on my goggles then opened the door, i was like WTF!! then its over and your tumbling out. cant even describe the feeling. everyone needs to try it once!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
No kidding, thats how I felt, the whole plane ride up to 9500 ft i was cool and calm, when they gave the 30 second warning and put on my goggles then opened the door, i was like WTF!! then its over and your tumbling out. cant even describe the feeling. everyone needs to try it once!

A girl I dated said the same thing about cocaine.... I'll pass on both

eattheweak

Reaction score
Congrads on your first jump, keep doing it till you can go solo, i would say everyone has to try it once, and it all about odds 80% of aircraft crashes are on take off or landing.......only 40% when you jump out :p

Top Bottom