Skinz Nytro front end, or Zbros...what's the verdict?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm actually not understanding the front end issues with nytros. Granted I've only rode apex before my nytro though. Darting down hill and so on I've not really noticed. I'm aware a lot of people have issues with it but what exactly is the problem??

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go's where it wants, especially downhill. Not really a darting issue, just a control issue. I can muscle it if I really try, but I don't wanna have to do that. Don't expect it to be as easy to handle as my M sleds, but it's gotta get easier than it is or I won't keep it.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
With the stock Nytro we noticed that on a side hill, they have a tendancy to want to dive down hill. With Jan's conversion, that tendancy is gone. The few times I did get to ride her sled last year it is a night and day difference in handling. I pulled lines that I never would have dreamed off with the stock version of Nytro

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the stock Nytro we noticed that on a side hill, they have a tendancy to want to dive down hill. With Jan's conversion, that tendancy is gone. The few times I did get to ride her sled last year it is a night and day difference in handling. I pulled lines that I never would have dreamed off with the stock version of Nytro

Can u pm me a price?

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Z-Broz is coming out with a completely new front end design in the Fall, keep an eye out for that also-Darren

Rufer19

Reaction score
Hmmmphh that sucks. I just ordered a Zbroz +3 front end. Wonder what they are changing in the fall? Wonder if I can back out of my deal? Wonder if it will be ready before the snow flies.

Rufer19

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten their new front ends from the summer build? Still waiting on mine, would like to get wrenching and make sure everything lines up good.

craptabulous

Reaction score
personally im going with the new zbroz set up this year , i would of went skinz but i have standard floats with out the bearings and im not upgrading or getting them modified . the zbroz looks like a really good set up this year , last year they had some problems and im glad to see that they did a total redesign based on the problems they had . the extra ground clearance seemed like a good idea , but i personally remember smashing the bottom fitting off my oil tank on my sled the first year i got it . more ground clearance on the arms might not be a good idea .

i really like what zbroz did this year . i wish they were 4.5" forward like the skinz but like i said not buying new shocks .

the sled is hard to control going down hill , i have hit a few trees going down gullys that i shouldn't of . or maybe i just suck ....

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally im going with the new zbroz set up this year , i would of went skinz but i have standard floats with out the bearings and im not upgrading or getting them modified . the zbroz looks like a really good set up this year , last year they had some problems and im glad to see that they did a total redesign based on the problems they had . the extra ground clearance seemed like a good idea , but i personally remember smashing the bottom fitting off my oil tank on my sled the first year i got it . more ground clearance on the arms might not be a good idea .

i really like what zbroz did this year . i wish they were 4.5" forward like the skinz but like i said not buying new shocks .

the sled is hard to control going down hill , i have hit a few trees going down gullys that i shouldn't of . or maybe i just suck ....

What were the problems of old front end you alluded to? When I say old 2011/2012 season built.

craptabulous

Reaction score
i own an 08 so i can't comment on the 2011 /2012 . i find my nytro doesn't like to listen . or cut into a side hill , maybe my problem is that i have a m series cat as well and that is what i have to compare it to for ease of riding . i find that when i ride my nytro i end up in the strangest places that i didn't mean to go , usually carving down a canyon or something along those lines that simply wouldn't happen on my m . both of my sleds are 162s and have the same track . my nytro has way more money into the chassis , eg timbersled , floats . and the m just laughs at it . at the end of the day im beat because i have to ride so hard on the nytro . im hoping these new a arms will make it easyer to ride , and stop the front end from dissapering in the trees . it just seems like the skiis are right under you and thats what causes it to dive .

im not bashing the nytro , i love the machine i have never had any problems with it and its tonnes of fun to carve , but some times i end up half way up a tree on it . i really hope that with new a arms i will have alot more to give at the end of the day like when i ride my m .

Last edited:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to compare the two sleds as they are soooo different. If your r installing a new front end I'm sure you will be happy. My buddy rides a 08 and complains of same issues but rode my 11 and said world of difference. The 11 is not perfect but at least lets ya know the front end change is on the right track.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have a unique circumstance where we have two Nytro Blacks to compare against, one is an 08 and the other is a 11.
The major difference between the two is the rear skid manufacturer and the rear shock packages supplied. Currently the 08 will out handle/perform the 11 and that comes back to setup issues with the rear skid. From our experience, getting a Nytro to handle correctly is not all about installing a new front end, you have to address the whole package or you will end up with limited returns. That all being said both sleds far out perform a stock Nytro MTX
Skinz did alot of testing with different designs of FE before putting the +4.5 Front End into production and the decision was based on not compromising handling upgrades to the sled versus supplying a product at a lower cost point to the marketplace.

Pineapple

Reaction score
Ok thought so,have a 09 153 that am putting a camo extreme on ,would like to change the front end then maybe can do the skid. Need to make it easier on the body to ride,has me worn out after a couple days riding,but like it to much to give up yet.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We can relate to the worn out thing. We had done a few mods to Jan's Nytro such as clutching to get the engagement rpm down and then a under tunnel exhaust and seat early on which helped with the weight and lowering the center of gravity abit, but honestly her Nytro was going to go down the road as she was not having much fun riding it and nor was I having to push, pull and dig it out. It was good on the groomed trails in the Crowsnest Pass but kind of useless for any deep powder or tree riding. After talking with Skinz and how well their project Black test mule was was working we thought we would give it one more try and built hers into a Black. The change is radical once you get all the pieces of the puzzle put together and tuned. Jan actually rides her Nytro through the trees now. :cool:

wilmot

Reaction score
How much psi are you guy's running with Timbersled and Skinz? Front ,center and rear.

Top Bottom