Skinz Bumper Installed on my 900

schickdecision

Reaction score
I just received my new skinz bumper from royal distributing. Got a pretty good deal on it. $209 cdn including tax and shipping to northern alberta and it came in a week. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well finally got around to some pic's of the 05 900 finished up just before Christmas, having too much fun riding in the Kootenays!
Skinz front & rear bumper and a few other upgrades F&I Air Intake, WRP Boards, Side panel Gill vents.

IMGP0450.jpg

IMGP0455.jpg

IMGP0452.jpg

IMGP0461.jpg

DSC02606-2.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

DSC02592.jpg

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just received my new skinz bumper from royal distributing. Got a pretty good deal on it. $209 cdn including tax and shipping to northern alberta and it came in a week. I definitely recommend it to anyone looking.

yah they are like $169.00 from them with out shipping and tax....yet they are $199 American from any us dealer

im still not 100% on one yet, we need more pics!

benamen

Reaction score
Son in law and I both upgraded to the Skinz bumper this week. His plastic bumper broke on his 900 last year when he was trying to get unstuck. Thought I may as well upgrade mine as well before it broke when I really needed it. Royal Distributing finally got their shipment in just before Xmas as we had been waiting a couple of months for one of the black ones. I went with polished on my blue 900 and the son in law went with the black on his red 900.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpg
    IMG_0490.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Switchback02

Reaction score
Did you guys just cut out pieces of plastic to cover up the area where the old plastic bumper was? Im gettin mine wed and was wondering how installation was? i got stock 900 switchback w/ radiator and stock airbox i shouldn't have any troubles just gna be a little tight right?

benamen

Reaction score
The pieces of plastic are supplied with the bumper. The front rad must be deleted for the bumper installation.

Switchback02

Reaction score
Ok.... well how much of pain in the ass is that? and will i have to worry about anything overheating since the 900 is such a big motor?

benamen

Reaction score
Pulling the rad is not too bad. Drain off some of the coolant, take out the T just ahead of the recoil and replace it with a coupler. On my 05, I needed a piece of either 3/4 or 1" hose(going by memory here) that attached to the bottom of the coolant bottle connection and I inserted a plug to block it off. You will need something to fill in the hole where the rad used to sit (either alum. or plastic). Fit the piece in the hole after the bumper is installed.
Most people do not have any worse problem with overheating after removing the front rad. Make sure you have a set of scratchers when on packed trails.

Top Bottom