Skinz Airframe Running Boards

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Anyone whom has meet me over the years will know that I'm a bit larger than life and for those of you that have not meet me in person, lets just say I do not need to do the wrong foot forward thing to pull a sled over. We installed Skinz Airframe running boards on our M sled a few seasons back and between the torture test that our kids, the hundreds of guys jumping on the sled at the various shows we have attended with it and myself riding it, the boards have been very well tested out. These boards do not flex. I know all about bending boards and inserts, as we had a Ski Doo that I bent the boards on and nope inserts did not help with flex. The strength in the stock manufacturers boards comes from the extrusion that is pop riveted on and Ski Doo was very bad in that department. I did have the chance to jump on a XM at the Saskatoon show and the boards did deflect with my weight on them. This is one area Polaris has made great strides on this year as I could not detect any deflection in the new Pro boards. Anyone claiming their boards are structurally stronger needs to throw up some numbers on how theirs are stronger than Skinz boards. As for traction for those of you that have not seen the new Skinz traction plates which where at the show in Saskatoon, well lets just say Skinz has stepped up the game a notch or two.

Thanks,
Larry

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i ordered a set a while ago and they should be here an day now im so exited to just see them on my sled !

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I've got those boards in stock!!

The thing with the Skinz boards is the attention to detail that sets them apart. They put alot of time into proper preparation for powder coating so your powder coating on your boards is going to last. It is not going to chip and flake off. We have a deck on our truck that is powder coated and that gets used only about 3 or 4 times a year but because the surface was not properly prepared our powder coating is already chipping and pealing off.

Your cross members have been specially secured to the 2 side extrusions they aren't just welded on. The rivets they supply you with to secure your boards on are extra strong so you don't need to use washers for added strength. Our kits also come with the drill bits you need to complete your project.

Our boards are also the only boards out there that have been on the snow for 4 years. Skinz is constantly looking for ways to improve on their products and the new traction plates that should be out in a few weeks will be another innovation that sets them apart!

We currently have in stock M series, Pro Climb, Pro Ride, XP, Nytro 2008-09 and 2010 and up chassis boards.

Jan

Top Bottom