Skinz Bumper Installed on my 900

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my Skinz bumper on Friday and spent a few hours today with my brother-inlaw installing it. It went pretty easy with only a few hiccups.
- you do need to trim away a bit of the plastic webbing in the btm of the bellypan in order to get at the bolts.
- I had the rad delete kit that came with the alum. block-off plate which required some trimming.
- I have to relocate my hood screws for the cables. The new bumper removes the stock bumper and with that, the usual holes are no longer there. I will screw the cables thru the top plate into the bumper for strength.

It fits really nice. I still need to install the plastic pieces that cover up the openings from the old bumper. I'll post pic's when my camera decides to communicate with my mac.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics
bumper001sm.jpg

bumper002sm.jpg

bumper004sm.jpg
Here you can see where I relocated the hood cables and then added some screws that tap into the bumper for strength.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You forgot the Winch!.........LOL!LMAO! BA!HA!!
catmando!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are funny :)
I hope I never hit a tree. I've only hit one when I had a summit 583.
The stock bumpers on my sled are nothing but plastic screwed into more plastic. A good rollover can break a lot (and did). Plus, you can't grab the stock bumper to pull your sled around or lift.
This is insurance!
Plus, I'm looking at taking out knees not trees.

schickdecision

Reaction score
What's the $$$ on that one? Also, does it come with the black covers to finish the bumper to the plastic? I have an 08 switchback 600

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks good, hoping to do the same....weird how much polaris did a quick fix too. that plate under the pipe shown in the last pic is aluminum no with no hole on my 08. i lifted my front bumper on my sled and broke one of the mounting points......pos....and i was blaseing trail in a ditch last year they usually mow and i had so many scratches on my nose sides, wish i had that bumper last year.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still think Polaris added a nice grab handle and not a real bumper on the newer models.
Skinz and the other aftermarket bumper guys did all the work for them and they still only made half the product. I doubt this bumper ways a half pound more that the stock plastic pos. The protection this offers is worth more than weight or style.
It may look like overkill to some but when you see the stock setup, you don't know whether to laugh or cry. Plus, my riding skills (or lack of) warrant the extra protection.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built some cool brackets for my plastic bumper so I can lift and shake the heck out of my 900 and the stock bumper stays on lol. what is that bumper worth?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid $180 US plus shipping when they first came out and now they are $199. Still cheap compared to the first aftermarket bumper for these that was $450.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya Backus Racing in mara wanted to charge me 575 for a bumper just like this. they even had a used one that they splashed a little black on it and was going to resell it for the same price as a new one. I know it was used since I took it off the smashed sled lol. I just built some cool brackets and my bumper works great. took me about 3 hours to custom fab and weld them up but looks great!

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay Mac900 the bumper looks good! I am just in the process of the same mod on my 05 900 as well.
Installing a Skinz bumper I considered the 09 front end up grade kit on my 05 with the Cobe/ Fastrax bumper option but decided to hold off, going to add a Skinz Float Plate as well, just changed out my SLP air box to run with the Fire and Ice air Intake so I can use the Skinz bumper. I also went with the Fire and Ice screen Vent/Headlight light combo, lots of work left on it and the snow is starting to pile up in the hills.

GRD

Reaction score
Hay Mac900 the bumper looks good! I am just in the process of the same mod on my 05 900 as well.
Installing a Skinz bumper I considered the 09 front end up grade kit on my 05 with the Cobe/ Fastrax bumper option but decided to hold off, going to add a Skinz Float Plate as well, just changed out my SLP air box to run with the Fire and Ice air Intake so I can use the Skinz bumper. I also went with the Fire and Ice screen Vent/Headlight light combo, lots of work left on it and the snow is starting to pile up in the hills.

Post some pics ss!:rolleyes:

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a bit delayed on this project took a bad fall of my horse but ya I will get some pic’s up soon. I just got the Fire and Ice headlight/vent intake kit in this evening was a perfect fit looks good, Paul makes some real nice stuff. Have the Skinz bumper on the way the billet chain case cover and rider select delete plate from Kreg should be in this week, still a bit to do. Oh ya decided to keep the NOS so have to work that into the new boost box as well. Just got to get that bumper in first.

Chern889

Reaction score
When i did the install on my 07 660 i just ditched that plastic shelf and put the hood cables right into the bumper itself. I Couldnt get that shelf to fit worth a sh!t, so i just turfed it. Im excited to mow down some lumber this year!

Top Bottom