Skidoo xm problem thread..........

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had to break something the Polaris problem thread was getting all the attention! Making those folks look pretty bad so I just took a hammer to er to take some of he heat off them. Hahaha

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to maxwell again.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to break something the Polaris problem thread was getting all the attention! Making those folks look pretty bad so I just took a hammer to er to take some of he heat off them. Hahaha

Bottom out????? Or just too much twist??? Or not enough weld????

Super crappy to see that..... Glad that was all that wrecked... Could see some metal go thru the track in other circumstances....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

fug you are good. i was WAITING for someone to bring that up. dont i look like a douche!

i still dont think that every one is going to fail as we had 6 of the same sleds out that day through all the same conditions so who knows maybe he hit a stump on a funny angle i dont know. when it first started the peice of metal was only cracked. but by the time we got it down the trail through the bumps it destroyed itself.

this will probably be an area beefed up a bit on the 14.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the first one I have heard of breaking like that. Must have hit it good off camber.
There have been more people bending rails on other sleds than T-motion failures so I can't see it being an epidemic.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats the first one I have heard of breaking like that. Must have hit it good off camber.
There have been more people bending rails on other sleds than T-motion failures so I can't see it being an epidemic.
Threads on that part breaking on other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there's a couple on snowest that have peeled the welds apart in the same spot.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First I've heard on here and don't think I've read about it on Dootalk.
No time for other forums. I was on HCS and Snowest till I found this site which has everything I need.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen one other on snow west and a guy jammed a log in there to get home. But in 8000km on my 2010 through some of the worse trails. I never broke that peice so I do think it needs some attention for 2014.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen one other on snow west and a guy jammed a log in there to get home. But in 8000km on my 2010 through some of the worse trails. I never broke that peice so I do think it needs some attention for 2014.

Waarranty? Dumb question i know but.... Lol

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure will find out soon. Just dropped the race trailer off with 6 sleds for firebomb proofing. I bet they will as none of the crossmembers were bent or the rails which would indicate a hard impact if they were to be bent

Keep us posted.. Ya there would definitely be more damage evident if it were to be "Operator Abuse" compared to normal riding conditions...

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Was your suspension squeaking? I seen a broken one at my dealer, looking at mine BRP could of ran a bead on the inside of the supports. Your thoughts?

I have 200km on mine and I noticed my suspension squeaks and I have a vibration/rubbing feeling in my tunnel from the track rotating on a groomed/packed surface is when I really notice it. Also suspension seems to sag some...but I did read just a moment ago that the rear shock maybe undercharged??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 200km on mine and I noticed my suspension squeaks and I have a vibration/rubbing feeling in my tunnel from the track rotating on a groomed/packed surface is when I really notice it. Also suspension seems to sag some...but I did read just a moment ago that the rear shock maybe undercharged??

The rubbing is normal, noticed it the most on the trail. Try greasing the suspension and spraying some wd-40 on the ball joint. There should be some sag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eClKaNdY

Reaction score

mine was having the exact same vibration... didn't believe when dealer told me it would be the shock undercharged... but try it the week end after and no more vibration... and its cover under warranty so just bring it in.. take about 1 hour... then problem fix

xmsummit154

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering why at 230 miles Im now hitting the rev limiter. The clutch is set at number 1 and Im at 2200 elevation. This is the first time this has happened to me. I recently got the 10 hour service done and i did notice the dealer set my drive belt height 1/8 of an inch high on the secondary clutch could this be the cause of it. Also my tach shows 8200 when the rev limiter comes on.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been waiting two weeks for a handwarmer element! anyone else having issues? the dealer is telling me they are backordered from BRP. ive ridden it for 3 trips now without it so i'm sure i'll be ok but its a little annoying that BRP is having trouble keeping up with what seems to be a " high wear " part.

Top Bottom