Skidoo xm problem thread..........

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, doesn't make sense.
Maxwell preaches that these sleds are perfect out of the box.
No adjustments needed.
works perfect for all conditions.
Works perfect for all riders.
Absolutely perfect.
Perfect, he says.
Other sled brands need to be tweaked based on rider preference and conditions and that is why they are junk, but the XM's are perfect.
Isn't that right Maxwell?
Perfect.
seems like most of them are good out of the box, but that's why this thread is titled "XM Problem thread". go exhibit your man-crush symptoms somewhere else

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong. I love the sled. It rips in the trees and handles amazing but I obviously have something wrong with mine. Now I have to trust some dealer to fix it. Ie. clutching. Rave valves not working properly. I don't know but I need it fixed stat!! Any ideas from the doo crew?? New cats with 30 miles on them shouldn't be out performing me. Any suggestions on who In Edmonton I could take it to

You are obviously using alot of fuel and oil. Maybe a sensor is giving the ECU the wrong information causing a rich condition. Definately a dealer fix.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are obviously using alot of fuel and oil. Maybe a sensor is giving the ECU the wrong information causing a rich condition. Definately a dealer fix.
there has to be something up for sure. a '12 etec I ride with totally blows us out of the water for mileage and oil usage. on my odometer I put almost 120 miles on when we were in kakwa, and that was using my 'doo fuel can too, he doesn't even pack fuel and has almost a hundred lbs on me. they sure got his right

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't comment on your problems, but so far in the climbing dept our XM's sure ain't laying a whipping on the 13 M8' or the 13 Pro. In fact in most cases all even the reverse Is true. Keeping enough track on the snow seems to be an issue.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont get me wrong. I love the sled. It rips in the trees and handles amazing but I obviously have something wrong with mine. Now I have to trust some dealer to fix it. Ie. clutching. Rave valves not working properly. I don't know but I need it fixed stat!! Any ideas from the doo crew?? New cats with 30 miles on them shouldn't be out performing me. Any suggestions on who In Edmonton I could take it to

there has to be something up for sure. a '12 etec I ride with totally blows us out of the water for mileage and oil usage. on my odometer I put almost 120 miles on when we were in kakwa, and that was using my 'doo fuel can too, he doesn't even pack fuel and has almost a hundred lbs on me. they sure got his right

Yesterday in revy 82 miles and my doo can and I ran out 200 yards from the truck. 3 days in revy and a full jug of oil gone.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a problem I discovered today, ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358112861.071858.jpg I guess if you wheelie a 163 in Alberta the back bumper can't handle it lol

Sent from a iPhone

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like most of them are good out of the box, but that's why this thread is titled "XM Problem thread". go exhibit your man-crush symptoms somewhere else

bahaha..

settle down T-roy.....most Cats & Poo's run fantastic out of the box too, but as soon as someone posts a problem or concern, you doolaide freaks jump all over it and proclaim your doo worthiness and percieved perfection and preach that everyone that decides to ride other brands are idiots.....

just showin you doolaide guzzlers that even your "holy grail of sleds....lol" XM's have the odd issue too. Some are NOT perfect out of the box. Some XM's need the odd tweak to make them run and perform. Some need premature warranty work.....ie shouldnt have to rebuild an engine before 2000 kms but you Doo guys have too....if that's ok, then I am sure the issues that the other manufacturers are having will or have been covered and that should be ok also.

The amount I save on the sled price (vs the price of an XM), I can afford to buy accessories that are needed for my riding style.

Kind of funny how you reacted so quickly by telling me to get out of the XM thread....but yet you, Maxxy, and all the other doo cronies feel its ok to ruin a Cat thread or a Poo thread without even a second thought because you guys feel you are superior because you ride SkiDoo.

Don't get yer panties in a knot just because someone is polluting "your" "XM" thread.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T-Roy, you replied with the pink accessories rather quickly...too quick to go searching these out.....something form your collection I presume....
google images my friend. I actually do have the tassles, bought a couple sets at the bargain store to put on peeps sleds out riding for sh!ts and giggles. they look nice

pics127Medium.jpg

then zal repaid the favor
zleds.png

killernewf

Reaction score
Thanks Snopro. Just didnt think 1500 feet(not Meters) was high. My 09 never revved out. But I will definetly be looking into it tomorrow. Thanks again

harper44

Reaction score
Thanks Snopro. Just didnt think 1500 feet(not Meters) was high. My 09 never revved out. But I will definetly be looking into it tomorrow. Thanks again

it revs out because its so low (1500ft). You need to add pin weight to lower RPM's at low altitude.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled has about 700km I beleive......tons of snow under the bar pad perhaps it shorted out. Going to let it thaw out and then test voltage to the bar warmer next weekend

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only 400km on mine, keeps getting better and better on fuel & oil. Can pull 7900 in deep pow straight up @2500m, clickers set on 3. Completely stock, excellent out of the box.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sled has about 700km I beleive......tons of snow under the bar pad perhaps it shorted out. Going to let it thaw out and then test voltage to the bar warmer next weekend

Only 700 km? What have you been doing with your life? :D :D :D

Top Bottom