Skidoo xm aftermarket bulkhead and tunnel

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
so short story i hit a rock the second weekend out and my bulkhead was bent, took it in for the service and my primary clutch is now out of line. I seen somwhere it is around 8000 to get a bulkhead replaced has anybody seen or put a aftermarket bulkhead and tunnel on? Would a xp aftermarket bulkhead and tunnel work??
I no c3 offeres one but dont have $10 000 to spend on it!

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dealer will charge you a arm and a leg to do it, and insurance usually writes it off. you can fix it yourself for cheap by buying the parts yourself from BRP and doing the work yourself. or let insurance write it off, buy it back and fix it and you'll have a brand new sled paid for. new E module, S module a arms and shocks is like 1000 bucks at most

mountainhunter

Reaction score
the dealer will charge you a arm and a leg to do it, and insurance usually writes it off. you can fix it yourself for cheap by buying the parts yourself from BRP and doing the work yourself. or let insurance write it off, buy it back and fix it and you'll have a brand new sled paid for. new E module, S module a arms and shocks is like 1000 bucks at most
e module s module and a arms still aint the bulkhead and tunnel. if the bulkhead is warped she is done like dinner

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
so short story i hit a rock the second weekend out and my bulkhead was bent, took it in for the service and my primary clutch is now out of line. I seen somwhere it is around 8000 to get a bulkhead replaced has anybody seen or put a aftermarket bulkhead and tunnel on? Would a xp aftermarket bulkhead and tunnel work??
I no c3 offeres one but dont have $10 000 to spend on it!

Maybe time for a second opinion Tyler. Were you having belt problems or just problems holding RPMs?

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
a arms have allready been replaced, shocks i hope are ok i mean i have been riding the sled for 200 miles since i hit the rock. No ferniesnow I thought the sled was fine holding rpms no belt fraying would have never known i took it in for the 10 hour service and they called and said my bulkhead( didnt say if it was the e module) and s module where tweaked, i replied with I know but i cant notice it when im riding it so wasnt worried about it. Apparently the belts where out of allignment and this could hurt the crank, but I thought if the belts where not alligned it would wreck a belt or be some kind of wear belt, still looks brand new! The price I recieved to fix it was $3500.00 I wont be going through insurance not worth it unless the sled is totalled.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say the stealership is trying to take ya.

Bet its not bad.

from my HTC

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
a arms have allready been replaced, shocks i hope are ok i mean i have been riding the sled for 200 miles since i hit the rock. No ferniesnow I thought the sled was fine holding rpms no belt fraying would have never known i took it in for the 10 hour service and they called and said my bulkhead( didnt say if it was the e module) and s module where tweaked, i replied with I know but i cant notice it when im riding it so wasnt worried about it. Apparently the belts where out of allignment and this could hurt the crank, but I thought if the belts where not alligned it would wreck a belt or be some kind of wear belt, still looks brand new! The price I recieved to fix it was $3500.00 I wont be going through insurance not worth it unless the sled is totalled.

I have changed those on an '07 and it wasn't that tough. Buy the parts and get the bolt and rivet kit that some dealers will put together and I'm thinking for $600 (with your discount at the stealers) you could replace the broken or tweeked parts (other than the tunnel). It would be nearly as good as new.

PS It wouldn't be that much because you already have replaced the A-arms and I also had to replace the shocks.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
ya gunna go down to the dealership and take a look at what they are doing, i mean if i can get parts for less then $1500.00 i can do it myself not worth paying somebody $2000.00 for labor and extra charges

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went through ins, tunnel assembly, bulk head, front cooler and other misc parts, quoted to $7100

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Yes I seen your post that's why I was inquiring on here, I didn't wreck a cooler or anything under the sled just caught a rock with the left a arm, I was going down hill. At first just looked like a broken a arm but I noticed after I tweaked my s module but I was fine riding the rest of the year like that but the dealer said I could hurt the crank and they won't cover it i the clutches are out of line and the bent parts cuased it.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I seen your post that's why I was inquiring on here, I didn't wreck a cooler or anything under the sled just caught a rock with the left a arm, I was going down hill. At first just looked like a broken a arm but I noticed after I tweaked my s module but I was fine riding the rest of the year like that but the dealer said I could hurt the crank and they won't cover it i the clutches are out of line and the bent parts cuased it.

I wonder if they checked my belt alignment when I asked for an estimate to repair....... Kinda worried now..... I as well smoked a rock right side, s-module was tweaked but they said nothing about alignment issues ( nor do i know if they even loooked LOL)

mountainhunter

Reaction score

Vets07

Reaction score
I have herd if you float your secondary it can help out with you alignment issuse also maybe just shim your motor then reinstall. I dono bulkhead sounds like a big job if its not really bad.

marchuk

Reaction score
Re: Skidoo xm aftermarket bulkhead and tunnel

when insurance rights it off do you just simply ask to buy it off them or how does that work?​

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What dealer! have a feeling that might explain a lot ,can't see bending bulk and tunnel if u hit on one side and the aarm bent get a second option buy the parts fix it your self if it's not tearing up belts can't be that far out 08 tore them up stock and there cranks weren't falling out or "....

Top Bottom