Skidoo suspension

Nytroxpress

Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts of factory shocks on 2015 154 summit x (kyb's). What are the best settings on the shocks to side hill; play in the trees; suck up moguls on the trail and pull a climb? The extent of my suspension tuning for optimal ride is shelling out bucks on new shocks and still not being happy in the end. I would not say I'm a complete newbie at the sport but not quite intermediate level. All geared up ready to ride approx 220lbs

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think your going to find a single shock out there with one setting for all riding conditions. However I run raptors all around and the ride has been far superior to the stock skidoo shocks with the ability to change spring rate quickly on them. I usually set them on the 12th position ( 21 clicks in total) and leave it for all ridding conditions. Whoop out trails don't even bother you when hitting them at decent speeds.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep my front factory kyb set at 3 and I am 240lbs. No complaints. Kuster runs all his demo's on setting 1.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

-rossco-

Reaction score
another option for your kyb shocks it to send them to enzo racing they valve and re spring them according to your weight and riding style....they quoted me around 1700 for the two fronts and i think that includes new rear free ride shock valve and springed

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the stock shocks x package or not are garbage, you can only adjust the pre load basically witch is no good in my opinion. I run raptors and i run elkas and they give you the ability to adjust your pre load ( ride height, spring stiffness, whatever you want to call it) and forget about the spring. Once you oare riding you can use the clickers on the shocks themselves to adjust your dampening for the whooped out trail, for riding trees, for jumping the machine etc etc. My best advice to you is go and spend the money on a real shock set up, i can assure you, you wont be disappointed.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have a full set of Raptor shocks for sale as soon as I pull them off. Fronts were pull off and rebuilt with the new anti pack valves (start of the 15/16 season)and the rears were brand new. Maybe 600km on them in the 15/16 season. Can post pictures when i get home this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much for full raptor set up?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the stock shocks x package or not are garbage, you can only adjust the pre load basically witch is no good in my opinion. I run raptors and i run elkas and they give you the ability to adjust your pre load ( ride height, spring stiffness, whatever you want to call it) and forget about the spring. Once you oare riding you can use the clickers on the shocks themselves to adjust your dampening for the whooped out trail, for riding trees, for jumping the machine etc etc. My best advice to you is go and spend the money on a real shock set up, i can assure you, you wont be disappointed.

The x package shocks are better than the Sp, enzo tuned x package shocks that are revalved, and resprung with the freeride clicker rear shock is an impressive package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nytroxpress

Reaction score
Cool. How did you like them?Is the new ACE set up needed r will these make the world of difference? I'm totally interested. I'll shoot ya a email transfer if u want

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool. How did you like them?Is the new ACE set up needed r will these make the world of difference? I'm totally interested. I'll shoot ya a email transfer if u want

I replayed to your PM, sorry for the delay it's been a busy night at work. I ended up picking up an extra shift last night since I canceled my sled trip.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had raptors on the front when I bought my 2015. messed with them a bunch never liked em. sold them to a guy to pay for the RAS 2 upgrade with stock shocks. 100% better. that could be more in part to the ras 2 rather than the shocks though. maybe I am the body type / riding style skidoo sets their shocks up for though

uglyfugly

Reaction score
Now that I saw a thread on it, any advice on what to set the front/rear suspension/limited strap/ weird trapezoid 1-5 things for a guy who weights 220 plus avy bag and equipment on a 163 XM?
Dont have an owners manual otherwise I'd look.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I saw a thread on it, any advice on what to set the front/rear suspension/limited strap/ weird trapezoid 1-5 things for a guy who weights 220 plus avy bag and equipment on a 163 XM?
Dont have an owners manual otherwise I'd look.

That cam is to set your tension on your torsion springs, which sets your rear suspension ride height. If you have the stock springs with you weight the should be on 4 or 5.
Ski doo makes stiffer spring if that is not enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same weight all geared up and was very happy with the Skidoo heavy torsion springs in the rear. I don't remember what part number they are but on my 163 T3 helped a bunch to keep the wheelies at bay without having to adjust the limiter strap up too far. I think I'm one hole tighter in the front limiter strap and run #2 or 3 on the trapezoid preload adjuster for the rear heavy springs. Springs are only about $80 if I remember right.
Still have no idea what to do with the fronts but 3 on the preload has been working for me so far, may look at a revalve this year?

uglyfugly

Reaction score
So doing the bounce test I found I have 4" sag in the back. But it don't wheelie none. Should I just leave it?

Top Bottom