SKidoo Summit Toolkit - Dumb Question

Reaction score
When I was at Bow Cycle's party the other week, they had a belt changing contest. It occurs to me I have never had to (or tried to) ever change a belt. My sled is an 08 Summit.... and I cannot picture where the toolkit would be. I'd like to be sure I have one, and maybe even do a few practice changes before heading out.

Does anyone have easy access to a similar machine and can snap a picture and show me where the hell the tool kit is (or is supposed to be?)

I've had all my panels and hood off and anything else I could get off (to paint).... and never saw a tool kit. If I do not have one, where can I buy one and how much are they.. ballpark?

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should be under your seat on that model along with your manuel. you will need it to change the belt on that year if you haven't done it yet.

Reaction score
it should be under your seat on that model along with your manuel. you will need it to change the belt on that year if you haven't done it yet.

I think it had a new belt on it when I bought it (looks new to me anyway).... I've only had it for one season, and doubt I put 300 KMs on it. Under the seat hey... hmmmmmm I'll have a look. I've never taken the seat off lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't be under the seat! There is no room! It's right where Tex said it is. Unless the the cover has been modified which was popular to do on these sleds to give more air flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
won't be under the seat! There is no room! It's right where tex said it is. Unless the the cover has been modified which was popular to do on these sleds to give more air flow.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

yup... It's where tex said it is..... Cover may have been modified...

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Won't be under the seat! There is no room! It's right where Tex said it is. Unless the the cover has been modified which was popular to do on these sleds to give more air flow.

Yep like was mentioned above on the clutch cover. They can be under the seat though, as that's where I put mine when I drilled my clutch cover. Some guys dug some seat foam out, but it wasn't necessary, the factory tool kit fit nicely under there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep like was mentioned above on the clutch cover. They can be under the seat though, as that's where I put mine when I drilled my clutch cover. Some guys dug some seat foam out, but it wasn't necessary, the factory tool kit fit nicely under there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really? Here I spent the time to cut the little holder out of my cover then mount it over on the exhaust side. Lok

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it had a new belt on it when I bought it (looks new to me anyway).... I've only had it for one season, and doubt I put 300 KMs on it. Under the seat hey... hmmmmmm I'll have a look. I've never taken the seat off lol

08's were belt eaters. I used to carry 2 spares. Better change one at home just so you know how to do it.

Top Bottom