skidoo prices????

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My point is why are they still gouging us no matter which manufacturer it it is , the $ has been at par for a couple of years now.

this is truely a ridiculous statement and thread. You dont like the price go south of the border. pay all the extras and loose the warranty. I am aware 700 is 700, but seriously if you complaining about a little amount you shouldnt be looking into it then. OR go buy another brand. We pay more, it has been like this since the dawn of trade...

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now polaris pro rmk 155 kurtspolaris $11,799
cycleworks $13,299
-$1500 difference

2013 skidoo summit x 154 $12,349 summitmotorsports
canadian $13,449 ecko marine
-difference $1100

looks like doo and poo are the cheaper if coming from the states

I agree with you that the gap has been getting smaller each year and thats great. Its most likely to do with threads just like this so we need to have them every year until the CDN made product is made availible to buyers IN CANADA ! at better prices than our friends south of the border.

Referencing Americam made products that are sold to Americans at a lower price than they are availible to a foreign country, just proves that we are being screwed by the brand that we love so much.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new, and has to do with the economics of scale. While the dollar value does come into play, at the end of the day, with 300million people in the USA, it is cheaper to physically move the product south of the 49, and there is a far larger customer base to draw from.

Does it suck for us? Yes. Will it ever change? Not unless Canada expands 10 fold, and the USA magically stops growing.

Complaining about taxes is probably more relevant, and more likely to change, then to complain about the parity of buying power.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so why is the title labelled skidoo prices?? when skidoo just proved that they are trying to match the us dollar. and yes it has all to do with the how mnay americans and how much product they move. you think it is just BRP? look at BD DIESEL in abbotsford I can buy there products cheaper in idaho then i can from BD direct. Look at Flo Pro I personally know rebbeca from flo pro but i can buy there product cheaper in idaho even though it is built in blackfalds alberta. Kokanne brewed in creston cheaper in the states I can go on and on about this but it is pointless the prices are slowly getting better like I previously showed almost a $4000 difference 2 years ago to $1700 or less I think that is pretty darn good! especially when you get to keep warranty and dont have to drive anywere and give your local shop a chance to succeed.

Reactions: LID

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new, and has to do with the economics of scale. While the dollar value does come into play, at the end of the day, with 300million people in the USA, it is cheaper to physically move the product south of the 49, and there is a far larger customer base to draw from.

Does it suck for us? Yes. Will it ever change? Not unless Canada expands 10 fold, and the USA magically stops growing.

Complaining about taxes is probably more relevant, and more likely to change, then to complain about the parity of buying power.

Usually this statement is true but not with sled sales as Canadian sled sales are pretty close to the US. The fact is it costs alot more to do business in Canada with higher taxes and wages. Unfortunately this extra money is not going to the dealers who really need it to survive and get us good techs foro service.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so whats the price of a snowcheck in cdn dollars for a 162 no electric start, extra warrenty, might have to take a close look

superduty 348

Reaction score
now you guys are right in that the prices are getting better because in 2011 the 163x otd door was 17800 ouch so it is getting better .

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right superduty I think i got a deal and paid like 15,488 out the door with nothing for options. yup pricing is getting so much better now on the sleds I like it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now you guys are right in that the prices are getting better because in 2011 the 163x otd door was 17800 ouch so it is getting better .

You got shafted! Where did you pay that much for a 163x? There must have been alot of extra's going with that sled.

superduty 348

Reaction score
what is the otd the door prices on the 13 summit 163x everyones getting for curiousitys sake?

Top Bottom