Skidoo 2017

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Freeride is still in the xm chassis and the summit gets an upgrade. Hopefully the summit 154 is in the new chassis as well. Still early but only seeing the new chassis with the 165 (technically we're not supposed to see that either) lol. I know doo did this in 2013 as well, where the freeride stayed in the rev xp chassis while the summits were in the xm.

Last edited:

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So it may be on here somewhere but with time on facebook are them introducing the lineup tomorrow

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 174 is in the old chassis.
The new chassis has a 6t sprocket 3.5" pitch track available in 2.5" or 3" 16w.

And of course BRP released the 850 in a sp. So they will be cheap next jan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the pitch mean exactly? so no 174 in the new chassis??

3b76824c3e65d0011603d68004446a33.jpg

Nope the 174 is in the old chassis.

Every gear and chain,cog belt, has a pitch. If you picture a bicycle chain the centre of one roller to the next roller in the link has a distance. Say it measures 1" than the pitch of that chain is 1".
Now put that chain in a sprocket. The centre of that roller is not going to be resting at the bottom of the sprocket or root of the sprocket. It going to rest on a imaginary line. This imaginary line is called the pitch diameter.

So the new sprocket on the driveshaft has a 6t 3.5" pitch, vs the older 3.00 7t driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being as this is an all new chassis, engine, etc. (not XM) when does it get its own subcategory? :stir:

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take for those jerry cans to snap off when they are double stacked on a 2 foot whooped up trail.:confused:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will take for those jerry cans to snap off when they are double stacked on a 2 foot whooped up trail.:confused:
Or wrinkle the tunnel and rupture the cooler.

Obviously I haven't seen it in person but I'm curious as to the construction of the tunnel and how strong it's going to be without the rigid cooler in it anymore. Hopefully not Polarisish in the strength dept.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks as though the attachments to some of the line is on the edge.. Hope they did their homework////

Or wrinkle the tunnel and rupture the cooler.

Obviously I haven't seen it in person but I'm curious as to the construction of the tunnel and how strong it's going to be without the rigid cooler in it anymore. Hopefully not Polarisish in the strength dept.

Top Bottom