skid steer

funrider

Reaction score
Hi I am looking to rent a skid steer at pelican bay Two Hills/St. Paul area.
I have some dirt/gravel to move around and would like to rent just the machine for the weekends mid May to end of June.
If anyone knows of one send me a message. Thanks Bill

Waxy

Reaction score
If you need one for that length of time, you might be better off looking to lease one, or maybe even buy and sell.

Renting one for 6 weekends likely won't be cheap, and won't be easy to arrange if you only want it on the weekends.

Also, as someone who's spent way more hours operating one than I care to remember, unless you're pretty good on a skidsteer, you might be better off to just to hire someone to do the job for you. Chances are they'll do it a lot faster, likely do a better job, and it'll end up costing you less.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you need one for that length of time, you might be better off looking to lease one, or maybe even buy and sell.

Renting one for 6 weekends likely won't be cheap, and won't be easy to arrange if you only want it on the weekends.

Also, as someone who's spent way more hours operating one than I care to remember, unless you're pretty good on a skidsteer, you might be better off to just to hire someone to do the job for you. Chances are they'll do it a lot faster, likely do a better job, and it'll end up costing you less.

I agree with the buy and sell part for sure. I was in the same boat when I was building my shop. I needed one for packing gravel and such. Renting didn't work, it seemed when I had time to work on the shop, I couldn't get a rental. I tried hiring it out, but scheduling was a pain in the azz. I ended up buying one, and figured I'd just sell it when I was done, but it turned out to be too handy around the house that I ended up keeping it. If a person shops around, there are some great deals out there.

funrider

Reaction score
if there are deals where do you look? I also understand the hire out thing but since I grew up on the farm and have operated many types of equipment the operation is a piece of cake. It comes down to available equipment or man power to operate them when I need. Spending 20/30 thousand is more than i can swing

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if there are deals where do you look? I also understand the hire out thing but since I grew up on the farm and have operated many types of equipment the operation is a piece of cake. It comes down to available equipment or man power to operate them when I need. Spending 20/30 thousand is more than i can swing

what part of Northern alberta are u from..........i have two with trailers..... dont normally rent........but i never turn down cash.......pm me with the details of what u need and where your at...may be able to work something out......:cool::cool::cool:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at richie bros, you can buy a decent machine for around $10k and even less. And the thing is could probably use it and sell it for pretty much if not the same as what you paid. Renting one for that long would probably cost you about $2000 minimum pending the size.

Top Bottom