Skid plates

kbc

Reaction score
Oh ya, for the $150.00 they are worth it. I've smoked tree stumps with the plate and they hold up well, and save lot's of expensive repairs!

Alfred

Reaction score
Definitely worth it, it will protect the bottom of the sled and on my Hill Climb I find that it does not sink as deep in the deep powder.

Just my 2 cents.:d

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saved me a couple times in revy last november. Brand new xp, couldn't wait to break it in so headed out a little to early last year. belly pans well worth it

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well worth it!!! same as above. Saved my from trees, stumps and rocks.

ratpak

Reaction score
Well worth it. Put one on and then have a look at it at the end of the season. ;)

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would personally never ride without one. Would rather break protector than the belly pan.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
They are must for riding around south western Alberta, lots of stumps farms and other debris around. It's generally the stuff hidden just below the surface that you can't see or miss that little bump in the snow that gets you. You'll find it does not take much effort to put a hole in your belly pan without one.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get one Wally, I never had a sled with out one. Like all above posts saves money in the end.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
i have a yellow one for an xp will sell. never put one on a sled again. dont protect nothing. they do build up lots of ice above them. the new skinny one for the xp might be worth it. 50 bucks like brand new

Jenkie

Reaction score
Wally - where and how much? Is the one you bought different than the ones polaris dealers have?

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno I had one on my 02 summit. All it seemed to do is fill up with ice and then the radius rods would push down on it and pull the rivets out all the time. On my XP I didn't put one on. If I rode in more in low snow conditions more often I would put one on.

Top Bottom