Ski wheels

Harley Rider

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used ski wheels or "skiwheelz" to move a sled around on non snow surfaces. I have seen them on the internet and wonder how well they work especially on gravel. There are some that stay attached to the skis and others that are placed under the skis when needed, more for concrete. I have to move on dirt, gravel, rocks and even a little cement. I hate wearing my skis unecessarily and my shop dolly won`t handle my new sled so I have to either buy a bigger dolly or try something else. I do like the idea of using the sleds own power to move it.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
go to princess auto and grab some of the air filled castor wheels and mount them onto a chunk of 3/4" plywood with foam on top...my buddy attached velcro starps that wrap around the skis to hold them in place....works pretty sharp for a dirt driveway

Bogger:beer:

Harley Rider

Reaction score
That sounds like a good idea. I`ve actually thought of making something up out of metal but wood is easier.

Harley Rider

Reaction score
Too bad they only fit Rev models and I have a Skandic. Looks like a good idea though. Much better than the little wheels on other types.

Top Bottom