Ski Results Simmon VS Powder Hounds

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading old posts, i understand that some of you have tried either of these 2 skis, which one is better i ride 07 800 xrs 159, was leaning towards p.h. but not sure?:D

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my simmons!! although i have never tried Powder hounds. They are very aggresive and i have heard that P.H are more forgiving.

Attachments

• Mcbride Mar31 007.jpg
    Mcbride Mar31 007.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 155

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have Powderhounds on my sled and Simmons on my wifes and I lean towards Powderhounds,Great ski for sidehilling and they are very wide!
catmando!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am finding that some people wit hcats dont like the simmons because od how the ski tips when you turn.. Where as the doo the ski's stay alot flatter when you turn, so it doesn't cause as much of a steering effort on the doo as it does on the cat.. I know we sold a set of the new slp skis to a guy with a cat and he absolutely loves them.. But wit hthe doo's the simmons work very well.. What colors would you be lookin for??

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Slamnek,Catmando and Glengine for the good info, nice pic Slamnek, as far as color i think the black,white, and blue camo would be sweet!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that the simmons come in alot of different colors. But not sure what all the new slp's come in.. The pilot's work not bad, but not as good a sthe simmons.. That is actually the ski if i remember right that skidoo got sued by simmons for.. It was to much like the simmons..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy who has simmons, he says he likes them I didn't get a chance to try his sled with them the only thing I didn't like about them is that I found them hazardous to your health if you went to step on them.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy who has simmons, he says he likes them I didn't get a chance to try his sled with them the only thing I didn't like about them is that I found them hazardous to your health if you went to step on them.

I dont understand what you mean by if you went to step on them??? Why would you be stepping on your ski?? Where the simmons on a skidoo??

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What could be the most important thing to do if you have a set of simmons ski's is to make sure that they are set daed parallel to your tarck... If your steering components have wear then you could set it up with a very slioght toe-out.. You absolutely don't want them toed in at all..

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont understand what you mean by if you went to step on them??? Why would you be stepping on your ski?? Where the simmons on a skidoo??
Well the first time it happened, i had to get around his sled that had simmons skis on it and i stepped on the smooth top of the ski and slipped, the others were trying to get him unstuck stepping on the ski to flatten the sled is tricker IMO with the simmons skis.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put Simmons on my 04 summit and love them. They are a huge improvement over the stock skis in 04. I recommend them but I have also not tried the Powder Hounds.:twocents:

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
I know that the simmons come in alot of different colors. But not sure what all the new slp's come in.. The pilot's work not bad, but not as good a sthe simmons.. That is actually the ski if i remember right that skidoo got sued by simmons for.. It was to much like the simmons..

Simmons sued Skidoo over the precision ski, which was a concave dual runner ski. The 6.9s are an offset dual runner ski with a main keel on the center and a smaller keel on the outside edge. The Pilot 6.9's are good skis, the best factory skis I have seen on a mountain sled, but 07 and 08's came with no wear bar on the outside keel. I prefer simmons skis on my rev, but everyone has a different favorite.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have a set of Powder Hounds on my sled, there awsome in powder. The best ski's Ive had yet. On the trail there OK not as good as simmons but they kill them in the powder and for sidehilling there excellent as well. My take off ski's are Simmons.

Top Bottom