Ski doo turns sea doo

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
My buddies 2012 etec 800 went for a swim lastnight, the water was over the fuel tank. sat in the water all night.
Is there a way to get the water out of the bottom of the engine?
Is there anything that I should consider besides the obvious?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull the plugs, drain chain case oil, injection oil, gas tank, after pulling plugs, pull the rope starter till no water or moisture comes out the spark plug holes. take the exhaust pipe off also and drain it. i'd run some gas in the oil tank to clean it out, pull the oil line first. chain case also, put it back together when it is dry, run some sea foam in the gas, oil tank and a 1/2 ounce seafoam in the chaincase. drain carbs also. fill with gas and see if it starts, if it does run it for a bit, take for a ride around somewhere close. warm it up till it is hot. if it all seems fine your good to go, maybe change chain case oil if it is foamy, not much different than guys who water skipp. find them on u tube they sink sleds all the time and drain them and ride.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
imdoo'n knows about water......

Attachments

• IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 310

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
So i cleaned everything out, but now I don't have any spark. Would it be the coil or computer??
any thoughts?????

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
6 out of 9 posts in this thread are completely useless. The useless threads only add to the frustration so thanks a lot.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you left it overnight, you might have bearing troubles down the road. Even a slight film of rust on a crank bearing will shorten the life of it. It might take a couple of years, or it might not affect it.
I have seen a swamped seadoo that was in the water for 12 hours and a couple if seasons later it went.

I think the electronics/electrical are your main concern. The magneto rusts easily, make sure it's blown out and dried well. Put the brain in a container of silica gel?

newfiebullet

Reaction score
6 out of 9 posts in this thread are completely useless. The useless threads only add to the frustration so thanks a lot.

7 if u include this one... these guys r tryin to help u out, they told ya what they think.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull seat cover off also and take the foam to dry cleaners and have the water removed. Most of the electronics shoud be okay as BRP have what i believe to be Sea doo like wiring in them.
I know every one i have pulled apart are sealed vey well.
What others have said as far as draining and replacing fluids.

If you thing about it sleds are always in the water with the melting of snow when snow is over handle bars. Just not submerged under water totally.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be in your electrical. I had a broken wire in my ignition coil which resulted in no spark. The BRP computer picked it up though so could always get it hooked up to the computer. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time and they had it going in about 1/2 hr.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Stick around on this site awhile you might learn a few things you big 34 poster! Imdoon' is The Creek Master, he knows how to take on, and remove water from his pleasure crafts! Ha-Ha. I wouldn't say his post is useless...:nono:
Oh yeah, if you use the search tool on this site, there are topics related to your sled issues :)

Top Bottom