Ski doo spring spacers! Finally got my prototypes our on the snow.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, another update here.
after a few qc issues rendering some sets garbage, Ive finally got the first sets packed up and ready to ship. i will be starting to send these out tomorrow morning. To all that have pm'd me i have you all on a list and I will be starting to work my way down that list. You will all be getting a pm notification when your set is ready to ship. I have also made a change in the production rates as it seems no matter how much effort i put in im always about 10 kits behind, so i will be making these kits at a constant 15 per week until caught up and ill try to have an overstock of 10 so you guys don't catch me with my pants down anymore.

I put one of the first sets on my machine so you guys could see what the new kits look like.
Picture one shows the two new modifications made to the spring, with the biggest change being the spring retaining edge allowing the spring to sit in the adjustment block and not slide off the end of the spacer on the skid side ( this improvement takes care of any axial spring movement all together) . And of course the removal of the retaining collar.

spacer pic.jpg

spacer pic 2.jpg

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mountainsledmania do you have a set of these sized for the heavy rear springs?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Mountainsledmania do you have a set of these sized for the heavy rear springs?
Yes I'm currently making them just got the material yesterday. The hd springs are rough 1/4 in larger in od and just under 3/8 I'd. So there is a difference for sure. Biggest being the flange that keeps the spring set in place

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Justin you need to on Dragons Den to get some capital to ramp up production. HaHa! Have you had a chance to look at the new Gen 4 Summits yet to see if they will work? I am interested in a set if you have for the 17 Summit with HD springs. Thanks!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha yea no doubt eh. issue is i dont make any profit on it so i dont have the ability to spend mass amounts of cash on the raw materials, i try my best to buy as i need and keep the lathe running steady if possible. Just trying to keep myself busy while im not on the mountain. As for the 850 i was looking at the sled show and the skid looks the exact same, but i didnt have my calipers with me so i ll be making a trip to martin on wed to measure up. Ill pm you as soon as i know 100% and ill post on here as well.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any news on these yet ????
They are coming,. I about a week behind where I want to be. The next 13 sets should be in my hands and being shipped out by Wed 13 sets after that by Monday etc etc. I'm actually a little overwhelmed by how large the order list is getting. My inbox is showing 35 unread PM's and growing. I'm going as fast as my machine can go boys. Be ready for your pm's because if it takes longer then 24hours for a response I have to move up the list.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey mountainsledmania I pm'd ya a few weeks back. Havent got a response just wanna make sure I am on the list..
Thanks
Yes sir you are. Tonight everyone will be getting a response as to what number they are on the list and an estimated eta.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, everyone should have got a PM confirming they in fact are on the list to receive a kit and what numeric spot that are currently in. ive got kits going out tomorrow, and the next two runs should be done within the next week give or take a few days. Im hoping to be caught up with everyone within the next two weeks, and ill start working on my overstock. If for some reason you have pm'ed me or posted here on the thread and ive missed you, PM me.
Thanks for your patience guys.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine in the mail and installed on the weekend. Looks good and there seems to be very little to zero sag on the ass end now. Good product in my opinion. Cheers.

Jamie

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine in the mail and installed on the weekend. Looks good and there seems to be very little to zero sag on the ass end now. Good product in my opinion. Cheers.

Jamie

good to hear your happy brother. You will see the benefits once you get to ride the machine, the difference is night and day.

Top Bottom