Ski doo spring spacers! Finally got my prototypes our on the snow.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news boys.
New collars finally made it and will be in my hands Monday morning. While I had all this down time due to the incident we had. I took the time to make 3 more batches of spacers. As of Monday it will be back to the grind getting all you guys your kits you have been patiently waiting on. Sorry for the wait. Everyone that has pm,ed me be expecting to hear from me early next week.
Ride safe

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey boys. I have sent out a pm to everyone that's I haven't had a chance to get to yet. I am all caught up with the product now I just need to get em out to ya. If for some reason I missed you please feel free to pm me again! I will bout out on the hills this weekend so all orders will be sent out Monday morning. hope everyone's having a rad season!

rtk

Reaction score
hi I have not received any reply as of today and I am still interested in the spring spacers but will be sledding til March 12 I will contact you when I return thanks Terry

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a set , but not sure how I get your # to message you.
Just send him a Personal Message on the forum, I did all my discussion and money transfers via PM and email.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the spacer OD supposed to be snug with the spring ID?

I've got the big kid heavy springs and they have a larger ID compared to the stock springs. I'm not convinced that I'm going to get the same effect.
And your QC must have a huge name- five letters in his stamp on them collars.

Not sure why you would even need collars when you can make the actual spacer longer to cover the full width.

Will see what happens riding this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the spacer OD supposed to be snug with the spring ID?

I've got the big kid heavy springs and they have a larger ID compared to the stock springs. I'm not convinced that I'm going to get the same effect.
And your QC must have a huge name- five letters in his stamp on them collars.

Not sure why you would even need collars when you can make the actual spacer longer to cover the full width.

Will see what happens riding this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what you mean when you say snug? I would have to see a picture. There should be just shy of a quarter inch of space between the spacer and the spring. I'm looking back to your order and I see no notes here about heavy springs. Witch would mean I sent u a stock spring set. That will be an issue. Please pm me so I can make that rite.

As for the collar, I thought about making the spacer the full length of the shaft but without tge collar there, there is a slight possibility that under load the spacer could in fact slide axialy along the shaft and bind up against the bogie wheel.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Theog I sent ya a PM back.
So everyone's aware I will continue making these kits as long as there are guys that want them.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_20160919_210603.jpg IMG_20160919_210542.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to share the newest update to the spacer kits. I've been working with a select few people on trying to make these better and this is what we have come up with. I've kept the same high density self lubricating material, and I've added another half inch to the overall length and removed the retaining collars from the kits. I took the feedback some of you gave along with the input of my machinist and we have come to the conclusion that these are machined for such a tight fit that a collar is not needed. I have also started with a larger diameter round stock and machined a lip to the inner side. This is to keep the spring seated in the adjustment block and prevent binding . I've never had this issue but this was a must have from my testing partners. The same fees apply as it costs me pretty much the same from eliminating the collars to buying larger round stock. I hope you guys like what you see. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your saying it stops the sag? So then due to the lack of a spacer the spring travels up and down instead of rotational around the shaft which would result in poor performance and with the spacer it corrects this problem?

If so I will take a set. I hate the sag issue

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your saying it stops the sag? So then due to the lack of a spacer the spring travels up and down instead of rotational around the shaft which would result in poor performance and with the spacer it corrects this problem?

If so I will take a set. I hate the sag issue
That is correct yes. Not only sag, it also helps with the overall function of the torsion spring all together. Wed morning a fresh sey will be coming off the cnc lathe. I will be all stocked up and ready to ship out to everyone that has pmed me

Top Bottom