Ski doo spring spacers! Finally got my prototypes our on the snow.

Dhuey92

Reaction score
Finally got out to the hills to test these spacers out. Immediately noticed a difference on the whoops on the trail, smoother and no bottoming it out. I was running the springs on "5" setting before the spacers and now I'm down to "3" might even try going down to "2" next time I go out. Very happy with the spacers, thanks again Justin :thumb:

spacer 1.jpg spacer 2.jpg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got out to the hills to test these spacers out. Immediately noticed a difference on the whoops on the trail, smoother and no bottoming it out. I was running the springs on "5" setting before the spacers and now I'm down to "3" might even try going down to "2" next time I go out. Very happy with the spacers, thanks again Justin :thumb:

View attachment 193813View attachment 193814

I can see why you can go down from 5 to 3. Your left your Dewalt jammed in there.:rolleyes:

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew someone would comment on that haha. I drilled into the shaft to get the bolts out from the drop bracket

Hopefully not to big of a hole, seen them things bust in two when that was done!

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those of you that aren't sure. You can back one side out from the drop bracket, clean all of the factory loctite of with a scotch Brite pad. Put it back in and torque it just over spec and do the same to the other side. Once this is done makes it a breeze to remove the bolts from the drop brackets. DO NOT FORGET loctite when resembling. Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had to do the same thing. tried scrapping the loctite off the left side but the right just would not brake free. other then that, they were very easy to install with nice and easy / helpful instructions.
I knew someone would comment on that haha. I drilled into the shaft to get the bolts out from the drop bracket

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I Like to do is get one side out, clean it up with a scotch Brite pad, lift on the tunnel ever so slightly so I can install the bolt again without the drop bracket mount sandwiched between it. Then I torque it to spec and go do the other side and it breaks free nicely. Once both side are out spend the extra 20 minutes to clean them up nicely and you won't have that problem any longer. I highly suggest using blue loctite when resembling because no one wants to bend drop brakets in the event somehow the bolts back out and allow clearance between the drop brackets.

Quick update for everyone, I caught a mistake from the shop that does my machining on the next run off collars. They were 1 thou. Out of spec on the small side so they have been sent back to be made correctly. They probably still would have worked, BUT they were not up to my spec and I wouldn't give any of you guys anything I wouldn't put on my machines. This set me back roughly a week, but I'm trying my hardest to get all caught up with you guys please bare with me.

Thanks for all the feedback,much appreciated
Ride safe!

driller

Reaction score
Remove one bolt install a longer bolt or piece of ready rod with a nut tighten the nut remove the bolt frm the other side loosen the nut and remove longer bolt or ready rod

rtk

Reaction score
\hi I sent you a pm about your ski doo spring spacers I have been out of town for a few days and I don't see any reply just wondering if I am on the list and approximately when I could come pick a set up thanks terry

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
\hi I sent you a pm about your ski doo spring spacers I have been out of town for a few days and I don't see any reply just wondering if I am on the list and approximately when I could come pick a set up thanks terry
Hey . Yes I have a few pms I need to take care of. I'm presently out west and will be home tomorrow I'm hoping to be back taking care of everyone this week. I will give you a shout when I'm back
Thanks
Justin

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another update for all you guys that are looking for your kits. I had a whoops with the shop. They let the new apprentice work on my collars and unfortunately the while batch it's detroyed. So that being said I'm now waiting on the NEXT batch to come in so I can take care of all you guys. Bare with me guys. I'll get you all set up.
Thanks

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need some QC? I'm looking for work.
If there was a profit for me to pay you to be qc for me, you would be hired. Unfortunately this is just a hobby for me while im not out hunting the deep stuff. Hopefully I get my stuff back this week so I can get all you guys taken care of.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another update for all you guys that are looking for your kits. I had a whoops with the shop. They let the new apprentice work on my collars and unfortunately the while batch it's detroyed. So that being said I'm now waiting on the NEXT batch to come in so I can take care of all you guys. Bare with me guys. I'll get you all set up.
Thanks

Sent from my SM

Ouch! Hopefully he still has his apprenticeship.

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good man! Looking for two sets when they get... QC'd. Keep us in the loop!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys! Update for all you. Sorry im behind on the pm's here ive been out logging some miles on my machines. I am still waiting for my collars back. they should be here any time now. There will be a large rush is kits going out as soon as I get these collars in my hands. Im sorry for the wait, But as I said before I wouldn't send anything out to you guys that I wouldn't personally put on my machine. Be expecting pm's shortly!

Top Bottom