Ski doo spring spacers! Finally got my prototypes our on the snow.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Just wanted to give a quick update, I am still working on getting this back order list taken care of. I am close being caught up, whats holding me back is the demand for the ST kits. I am now pretty much caught up on the HD kits and i have a pretty good stock on them for future orders, and I am aiming to be in the same boat with the ST kits within the next two 20 ft material runs. I defiantly wasn't expecting this to turn into what it has so thank you guys for being patient with me, its been quite an experience juggling between work and hobby getting these things done for you guys. Ill have some kits with me when im out traveling through B.C during my riding season and i will post where im going to be at and when for the guys that want to get into a kit local to that area. If i missed you for some reason, its nothing personal i am trying to manage as best i can who has been taken care of and who hasn't. Please PM me again if i did miss you and we will get it figured out.

Hope to see all you guys out on the hill!
Ride safe!:beer:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looks for the most part ive taken care of most of you that wants kits, I did have quite a few guys that had requested some and never replied when it was time for their kits to ship out. Good news is there is no more waiting list and i have a fair size stock. For the guys in the sicamous area eagle valley lodge has some kits on the shelf in the pro shop, stop buy and check out Rene's lodge its pretty stellar. Hope everyone is having a wicked season and enjoying some of the crazy snow we are getting!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on how to get the rear skid bolts out?? Apparently I'm not that smart!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any tips on how to get the rear skid bolts out?? Apparently I'm not that smart!!

Impact or spin one out and install a nut on the removed bolt.
Thread nut all the way on and reinstall the bolt most of the way in.
Turn jam nut down till it's tight against tunnel.
Remove other side and then loosen jam nut and remove bolt.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trick is to use an air impact. One time I tried to use my electric impact so I didn't have to fire up the compressor. It didn't work at all. Sure enough when I grabbed the air impact, it was 5 seconds.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did mine and followed some tips on here and worked great. Used an electric impact and remove one bolt, cleaned up the threads really good, put it back in , took the other side out and did the same, then just played from side to side, had to be carefull not to tighten the one side too much or the shaft would just spin. When things were getting close I just slid a screw driver in the removed side and just put the slightest bit of sideways pressure on it just to get that last bit. Took a bit but it worked good, did not want to drill the shaft.

just a heads up, went to the dealer and got a set of hd springs as well and what they gave me were a set of expedition springs, a lot heavier that the regular heavy duty spring, I returned them and got a set of standard heavy duty springs. They have 2 less wraps on the springs. The expedition spring will not work with the spacers.

Last edited:

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Removing the skid bolts ( especially for the first time) can be the biggest PITA! Like the guys are saying on here the air impact is your best friend. But DO NOT use the impact to re install:nono: The torque on the bolts is only 35 FT/lbs. Its not so bad once you've got the hang of it.

Just did mine and followed some tips on here and worked great. Used an electric impact and remove one bolt, cleaned up the threads really good, put it back in , took the other side out and did the same, then just played from side to side, had to be carefull not to tighten the one side too much or the shaft would just spin. When things were getting close I just slid a screw driver in the removed side and just put the slightest bit of sideways pressure on it just to get that last bit. Took a bit but it worked good, did not want to drill the shaft.

just a heads up, went to the dealer and got a set of hd springs as well and what they gave me were a set of expedition springs, a lot heavier that the regular heavy duty spring, I returned them and got a set of standard heavy duty springs. They have 2 less wraps on the springs. The expedition spring will not work with the spacers.

Thanks for the post SHREK! what has says is in fact true, these spacer kits are made fore the SUMMIT HD spring. They are not made for any other skidoo torsion spring and likely will not fit the way intended if used otherwise. If for some reason you are unsure just ask, i have all the part numbers on hand for the springs from BRP.

Hope everyones out enjoying their kits and some of the sweet sow we have been getting!:d

kidinloghouse

Reaction score
i'd be leary of the 270/271 springs and spacers. i'm 225 before gear and they were a little stiff for my liking so i am goin back to a set of stock freeride springs and see if i cant find that happy medium.

rtk

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to get in touch with mountainsledmania I have sent numerous pm messages that he has responded to and I have asked him to call me so I can arrange to meet and pick up a set of spacers He said he was around this week and would call I am leaving next week for the mountains and would lie the spacers for the trip any help would be appreciated

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He works and he sleds, send him a pm and he will get back to you when he is available. Sometimes it takes a while but he is doing this more of a hobby to help out some fellow sledders.

He he will get back to you.

rtk

Reaction score
he did reply earlier this week and said he was around home and would get back to me this week I started sending pm messages to him January 2016 leaving my name and phone number and have had promises but no contacts to purchase the product i am starting to get frustrated with the situation

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He works and he sleds, send him a pm and he will get back to you when he is available. Sometimes it takes a while but he is doing this more of a hobby to help out some fellow sledders.

He he will get back to you.

He has responded by the sounds of things but no follow up?

lgallant

Reaction score
I got a set last year for the heavier spring because sled sagged a little more than I liked and it never did make sense why the springs just sit there and are not centred. It made a huge difference and I could actually turn the setting down to find the happy place. Previous I tried a set of spacers from hygear for the stock springs but while it did make a difference I still had more sag than I liked. I still have a set of spacers for the factory springs for a 2012 summit x with t motion if anyone is interested. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he did reply earlier this week and said he was around home and would get back to me this week I started sending pm messages to him January 2016 leaving my name and phone number and have had promises but no contacts to purchase the product i am starting to get frustrated with the situation

Hey RTK, Check your pm's.
I show i sent replies on Jan 11, and Jan 13th and ive got nothing back from you.
Ive also been in blue river the last week and sicamous the week before, i see my inbox is growing again lol. As stated i do ride and have a full time job along with this side hobby thing. Ive sent you another PM.

To everyone else that has pm'ed me in the last two weeks and are still awaiting a reply ill try to get you all taken care of before i head out again on Monday for a week.:beer:

PS.... the snow is rediculous

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
I had my computer crash and ive lost pretty much all of my information from everyone that had PM'd me previous to the last two weeks. If you have contacted me interested in kits and i have not got back to you for any reason please pm me again. I will be backing up all of my info on an external hard drive so this doesn't happen again.

On a side note I have a whack of stock so there is no longer a wait time anymore. Kits are being sent out same day as orders are coming in!

Hope everyone's loving their kits, there hasn't been much feedback posted but everything that has been posted so far has been great. Along with a whack of repeat orders for everyone friends and family.

hope everyone got a chance to get out and enjoy some of the sweet snow we have had out west this year!:beer:

Top Bottom