Ski-doo Rev Clutch Question

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All you guys are speaking japanese...need more pictures to understand these terms.even though its not my sled i would like to knowWTF all these terms and words are..Thanks!! :d:)

x2!!!!!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I will be bringing the clutch to Lance at Racers Edge to put a new bushing in. Thanks guys! Gonna have him take a quick peek over it and see if I am missing anything. Hopefully I can learn something!!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hadn't you just put a new governor cup (spinrg cup) in that sled last winter?

Yes sir. But the bushing, SKU# 417 222 758 has never been replaced.

PS. Thanks for clarifying wtf a governor cup is. Spring cup. easy!

Last edited:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a rev not an xp,,there is no sliding sheeve bushing,,check ur rollers and ramps and keep on pinnin it,,,that is ski doo most bomb proof primary clutch,not like these bs ones they have on the xp...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 with maxwell and sidewaysintor3rd.

Check the bushings rowdy. There is one on the governor cup, if it has play in it just order a new one. approx 65. As well the sliding sheeve there is a bushing in the inner face, any play here and it will need to be replaced. Take it to baker directly, all the dealers use him for this. As for the groove, like mentioned as long as it is not higher than the slot in your butons you are fine.

also when doing re-assembly take note, there are markings on your clutch to properly align everything. Outter sheeve 1 dot, inner sheeve has a dot, and the governor/spring cup has a arrow.

Are you saying the dealer in Calgary uses Darryl to rebuild clutches for them?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only for the sliding sheeve bushing, the actual clutch they probably do on there own..... I was told that the brp tool they have at the dealer does not workwith a pinch, baker built there own and is 100% everytime. Apparently the dealer had a couple wrong, and they blew up

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only for the sliding sheeve bushing, the actual clutch they probably do on there own..... I was told that the brp tool they have at the dealer does not workwith a pinch, baker built there own and is 100% everytime. Apparently the dealer had a couple wrong, and they blew up

Wow......I've never had a problem with the BRP tool. It works pretty slick. I can see why Rowdy is getting Lance to do it.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow......I've never had a problem with the BRP tool. It works pretty slick. I can see why Rowdy is getting Lance to do it.

I'm not sure what tool Lance has but he was saying it isn't super easy to do. I'm excited to see how he does it and get my hands in there. Got my box of parts and the clutch ready to comb over. Pretty happy he's letting me watch, help and pick his brain.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Good lord ,that post could go sideways lmao
I'm not sure what tool Lance has but he was saying it isn't super easy to do. I'm excited to see how he does it and get my hands in there. Got my box of parts and the clutch ready to comb over. Pretty happy he's letting me watch, help and pick his brain.

Top Bottom