Ski-doo Rev Clutch Question

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Opened my clutches up to clean and noticed a significant groove in the one half. I'm thinking the half needs to be replaced. Am I correct in thinking that?

Also, my friend said that clutch halves are matched to one another and that if I ordered just one piece I would totally eff up the balance of the clutch which could eventually damage the crank. Any truth to this? Would like to know so that I can order the proper parts or find a used clutch somewhere.

And if I can get just the clutch half that I require, should I get it balanced?! What does that entail?

clutch.jpg

photo(39).JPG

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is Maxwell? He knows everything about Doo boat anchors.......

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your friend is wrong. All pieces are balanced individually. You can replace any part. I also have the parts you need

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually that groove isn't anything to worry about. Replace your springs and buttons and call it a day. unless its deeper than the groove in the button

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually that groove isn't anything to worry about. Replace your springs and buttons and call it a day. unless its deeper than the groove in the button

Finally! Useful information. I will check and make sure it's not deeper than the groove in the button. I think one of them might be.

If it is deeper than the groove in the button, what then?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get some emery cloth and clean it up ,,,that groove will dissapper,,thats just wear n tear...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your friend is wrong. All pieces are balanced individually. You can replace any part. I also have the parts you need

The man speaks the truth on both accounts.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes... Step A... take delivery of sled. Step B. Ruin sled. Step C. Sell said "ruined sled" to a maxwell. Next question please.

If you can sell Lord Maxwell a ruined sled you must be good, you could probably sell ice to an Eskimo

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my governor cup and my clutch was still balanced .. those grooves are fine, but do check your bushing.. if that thing is worn out and the seat for it is also worn out, then you will need a new governor cup.. otherwise have your local doo dealer pop a new bushing in there for ya!! also get a new spring cup .. those are cheap. the main wear and tear items that really affect performance are those 2 bushings .. .

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 with maxwell and sidewaysintor3rd.

Check the bushings rowdy. There is one on the governor cup, if it has play in it just order a new one. approx 65. As well the sliding sheeve there is a bushing in the inner face, any play here and it will need to be replaced. Take it to baker directly, all the dealers use him for this. As for the groove, like mentioned as long as it is not higher than the slot in your butons you are fine.

also when doing re-assembly take note, there are markings on your clutch to properly align everything. Outter sheeve 1 dot, inner sheeve has a dot, and the governor/spring cup has a arrow.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my governor cup and my clutch was still balanced .. those grooves are fine, but do check your bushing.. if that thing is worn out and the seat for it is also worn out, then you will need a new governor cup.. otherwise have your local doo dealer pop a new bushing in there for ya!! also get a new spring cup .. those are cheap. the main wear and tear items that really affect performance are those 2 bushings .. .

x2 with maxwell and sidewaysintor3rd.

Check the bushings rowdy. There is one on the governor cup, if it has play in it just order a new one. approx 65. As well the sliding sheeve there is a bushing in the inner face, any play here and it will need to be replaced. Take it to baker directly, all the dealers use him for this. As for the groove, like mentioned as long as it is not higher than the slot in your butons you are fine.

also when doing re-assembly take note, there are markings on your clutch to properly align everything. Outter sheeve 1 dot, inner sheeve has a dot, and the governor/spring cup has a arrow.

Ok...pretty sure I know the parts you are talking about...However...Can you point them out to me on this diagram? I have a few spare new parts kicking around so I might have what you guys are talking about I just want to be sure.

Is it easy to remove a bushing and pop a new one in? I know I for sure have one of those.

Break down.jpg Break down.jpg

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The main sliding sheave bushing is tricky but doable.. my research lead me to take it to my dealer and have them deal with it.. it's easy to screw up, and if you do screw up you gotta buy another one .. so just pay the half hour for them to re&re that one for you.. the seat for that bushing also wears out so if it's too worn your whole sheave goes in the garbage

the spring cup bushing, don't bother changing that out, just buy a new spring cup .. it was cheap enough ..

you can test the bushings: take the spring out, put the spring cup back on and then slide the sheave on the fixed half.. see if you can wiggle it. it shouldn't wiggle too much .. if it has a lot of play, you can easily see how the moving half will bind and not operate in it's range and cause serious clutching issues.

Last edited:

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any DOO dealers in the area anyone trusts? I won't be bringing it to Bow South after I saw the condition they returned my friends engine in....

Nevermind! Re-read oler's response I'll fire Lance a msg.

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
All you guys are speaking japanese...need more pictures to understand these terms.even though its not my sled i would like to knowWTF all these terms and words are..Thanks!! :d:)

Top Bottom