Ski Doo Adjustable Riser

Jordo22

Reaction score
Hey Dave. I picked one of these up yesterday. There were two sizes to choose from for the straight bar application. I grabbed the one that extends up to 250mm (the taller one). The catalogue says no cable extensions are needed but the dealer told me I would actually have to extend. I don't plan to use it at full extension, do you have the taller one and did you need extensions? Thanks man...

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave. I picked one of these up yesterday. There were two sizes to choose from for the straight bar application. I grabbed the one that extends up to 250mm (the taller one). The catalogue says no cable extensions are needed but the dealer told me I would actually have to extend. I don't plan to use it at full extension, do you have the taller one and did you need extensions? Thanks man...
I'm betting your dealer is misinformed? If BRP sells you a kit then everything needed to install it should be included I would think?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think you mean the 2.5" one, not 250 mm (close to 10")?

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I installed the 7-10" adjustable riser on my 2013 XM last weekend, no extensions required. You will have to take the gauge cluster off (6x T25 torx) to get at a connector to pull the handwarmer wiring out of the old riser though. Throttle cable is real simple, pop it out of the lever, undo the cir-clip, drink a beer.

I had a 10" riser installed on my 2009 XP as well, no extensions required either.

Looks like it's gonna work great and be the best of both worlds. Short (7") for some Burandt/Rassmussen style steep & deep tree riding, then 10" so I can stand up fully for the ride home whoops after I'm beaten and tired.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a look at them at the show and I think im going to scoop one up. I liked the adjustable bars on the Cat I rode last season. Doo shoulda just made them standard imho

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if a guy has a x , with the taped bars u can't get the taller one for it ... My dealer just said so today when there. Cause there fatter. But they only make one size for the x

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if a guy has a x , with the taped bars u can't get the taller one for it ... My dealer just said so today when there. Cause there fatter. But they only make one size for the x

Yeah for the X they go from 4.5" to 7" I'm gonna try them but may need to add a small riser on top of that.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm worried about.

It's not that much higher than stock riser.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be close to 9" total rise though with the bars, that's a lot.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needs I'd say 2 inches more for me from stock.

Is say the riser is 1-1.5 ish more which is closer.

Would be nice for the wife tho going down low and up for me.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What year is your sled?
For the xm you don't need any changes. Not too sure about xp

Top Bottom