Ski-Doo Suspension Adjustment

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about setting the front and rear sag? Isn't that supposed to be 30% of the suspension travel or something like that?

like this?

Last edited:

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
What about setting the front and rear sag? Isn't that supposed to be 30% of the suspension travel or something like that?

like this?

Yup easy to do, relax the sled mark the suspension, you can also use a rubber o-ring like mountain bike suspension, then slowly and lightly get on the sled and then get off should 25-30 percent, but if you set it up per your weight its pretty close, if your going to snowcross or hill climb races you can get nerdy about or just play with it too.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m 215lbs with gear and I have no idea what to do for settings on my g5 turbo expert ( first doo ever) any advice or just go by sag on front and back. Feels like the front dives while carving and it is squirrley as hell the two days I’ve rode it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I got mine guys said to tighten your springs or you won't be able to handle all that power. Tried it but have set front springs and rear torsion springs back to 1 to start this season. Measured the sag and seems about right that way. I am 200 ibs in street clothes.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I got mine guys said to tighten your springs or you won't be able to handle all that power. Tried it but have set front springs and rear torsion springs back to 1 to start this season. Measured the sag and seems about right that way. I am 200 ibs in street clothes.

I’ve always ran air shocks, this is my first modern sled with coil over shocks and a completely different platform. The sled is wildly squirrly for me I found. Seemed like the front end would dive hard to the side hill side while on one ski and try to rip the bars out of my hand, no stability at all I found

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you didnt get a freeride, the stock shocks are pretty much crap.

First step imo would be get some raptors or something.

The front shocks are really soft, and adjusting the spring preload isnt going to change that

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you didnt get a freeride, the stock shocks are pretty much crap.

First step imo would be get some raptors or something.

The front shocks are really soft, and adjusting the spring preload isnt going to change that
Preload helps, but I agree the x shocks are mediocre. Changing oil helps too but the best fix is better shocks.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so expensive though. Mine seemed fine for my riding and i run with swaybar disconnected. I had a freeride befoure this and found it a bit stiff for me. My son tells me to get them revalved and progesive rate springs from the guy in Rocky. Forget the the name but I think he saod 1200 bucks.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was more talking for TMO

If you are light, or dont ride real hard and they are working good for you then run em.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so expensive though. Mine seemed fine for my riding and i run with swaybar disconnected. I had a freeride befoure this and found it a bit stiff for me. My son tells me to get them revalved and progesive rate springs from the guy in Rocky. Forget the the name but I think he saod 1200 bucks.
My buddy runs ion2 progressive suspension in Invermere and sells shocks online and does service. Fox adjustable with reservoir are about $900 each. He deals with all manufacturers.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya you could get enzo or someone to valve them a bit stiffer too. I think getting aftermarket resi shocks is a better option though.

I think I’ll go this route, unless I can find a good deal on some fox piggyback front shocks for the g5

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
enzo suspension is now in the rocky area

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tmo, Try cranking the front ski springs higher, unfortunately there is only three clicks on the expert rear suspension shock but you can try one click out from tight. The rear suspension springs can be set 1-1, 1-2, 2-2,2-3 etc. I never liked the factory valving its too soft for me. I always had the factory shocks revalved stiffer for my weight and riding style. I am 180lbs without gear as well.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tmo, Try cranking the front ski springs higher, unfortunately there is only three clicks on the expert rear suspension shock but you can try one click out from tight. The rear suspension springs can be set 1-1, 1-2, 2-2,2-3 etc. I never liked the factory valving its too soft for me. I always had the factory shocks revalved stiffer for my weight and riding style. I am 180lbs without gear as well.

Ya I’m gonna give that a go before I spend more money that’s for sure. Thanks for the tips, hopefully in 4 weeks I can try it out

Top Bottom