Ski choices

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My apex down the trail with powder hounds doesn't dart, In the powder the ski's are never touching. I have a set of simmons I will try next year too. I do know simmons don't dart at all.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that would be poor ski alignment that causes that. however the simmons will hide that even.
I don't believe it's ski alingnment, it only does it when i'm on the trail and when i'm on a freshly groomed trail they are fine.

Starting to like the sounds of those Mod skis. Do they come ready to mount?

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
I don't believe it's ski alingnment, it only does it when i'm on the trail and when i'm on a freshly groomed trail they are fine.

Starting to like the sounds of those Mod skis. Do they come ready to mount?

yes.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really happy with my SLP powder pros, but I guess that isn't one of your options, sorry.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't decided on anything firm yet, I have plenty of time before next season rolls around to find the perfect ski for my sled. So what's the skinny on those skis?

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love my Slydpg Powderhounds!!!! No grab and tractor on the trail at all. I have the eight inch skis, wich added about 3/4" to my ski stance vs stock. The first thing I did was lay into a steep sidehill on firm snow to see how they handled and they were way better than the stock skis. They are really soft, so if you ride a lot of heavy snow, I might suggest the 7" version of the dogs, but I'm really happy with mine for our soft Kootenay pow!

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it me or do the Mods look like the old Ekholm skis. I could be wrong but I know that that design has been around awhile. From what I remember the skis aren't really flxible and the aluminum bends or they did any how.
I had pilots on my 04 rev and didn't like the way they steered, it could have been my setup but they were really light to steer even when not moving. I picked up a set of simmons and after one ride I like the control I have and better steering.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to check out those Mods last night, seem like pretty good skis and not anymore expensive than any of the others. I think I may go that route.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was able to check out those Mods last night, seem like pretty good skis and not anymore expensive than any of the others. I think I may go that route.
give them a call ak, the guys name is lance

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Royal Distributing has Simmons Gen 1 on sale right now. I seem to remember $369 a set or so.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price was about $380 with everything but I don't know what shipping is going to cost. You can add carbide runners to them but that will run the price up about $40.

Blu du

Reaction score
if you you buy mods from lance, you should decline on the complimentry reach around. lance is a nice guy, maybe too nice sometimes

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never bothered to look, is he in Canada? If he is, whereabouts in Canada?

Top Bottom