ski bushings

powder dawg

Reaction score
bushings are aprox 3/4", I was told you can have them in or out,increase or decrease outside ski distance? :beer:

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If im understanding you correctly. On my summit you can position the bushing on the inside or outside of the spindle, widening or narrowing your ski stance. The bushing doesn't come completely out tho.

powder dawg

Reaction score
yes that is the set up, in or out. apparently it makes quite a difference might have to give it a try.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forget that setup and get the setup from Tom's Snowmobile where it centers the spindle over the middle of the ski, like it should be. Offsetting it like Doo has it puts undue strain on the hardware.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats why there is spacers in there,to widen or narrow your stance.If that wears out anything its a first for me and i doubt you are going to notice a difference if the spindle isnt centred over the ski..................just sayin..........no need to buy aftermarket stuff unless you want to go in either direction more than the spacers allow!
catmando!

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ths ski bushings are notorius for wearing out, i've replaced mine twice and then finally went to Tom's ski bushings. This bushing kit centers the carbide runner with the spindle and cuts down on steering pressure and saves wear and tear on the ski bushing.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok Ill bite,i just replaced my bushings on my sled,Ten minutes a side(that includes time for a beer in between and I think it was about 8 bucks) It also gives you a good inspection of some of the most critical steering parts on the sled like those damn ski rubbers.Not saying your wrong just trying to save a guy some cash.you should be getting better than 1500 miles to a set,never changed on a new sled yet with less miles.

powder dawg

Reaction score
bought my sled used, got it checked out at dealer before i bought it out of town. said bushings had wear, they are cheap 10 bucks beer is more than bushings. going to move spacer to increase ski distance and go for a ride. sled has 4300 k.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I did mine i even put grease zerks in...not needed but I could give them a shot a year for piece of mind

broncoformudv

Reaction score
Ths ski bushings are notorius for wearing out, i've replaced mine twice and then finally went to Tom's ski bushings. This bushing kit centers the carbide runner with the spindle and cuts down on steering pressure and saves wear and tear on the ski bushing.

I am all for Toms kit as long as they last longer than 1,000 miles. They may be easy to replace but why work on your sled when you don't have to? I would rather spend my time riding or sleeping.

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These bushings are a made of a more durable material than those cheap aluminum bushings that Doo uses. Takes maybe 10 minutes each to change them out and you can drink beer WHILE you're changing them. I don't expect to have to change these bushings again for as long as I own my sled.

Top Bottom