SK Flatlanders who rode the mountains this past season

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Elkford/Fernie are nice areas. Seems everytime we go back we find a different spot to explore that we haven't been to. Just wish we were a few hours closer...that stretch between Speedy Creek and MJ is brutally boring.
A few hours closer would be great but it beats the long haul to revy and beyond. How often do you head out the fernie way? As this is my first time out there do you have any advice for the area?

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few hours closer would be great but it beats the long haul to revy and beyond. How often do you head out the fernie way? As this is my first time out there do you have any advice for the area?
Revy is a long pull from here. How Often I go out has depended on the year..but last few years made it out anywhere from 3 times to 7 or 8. My advice would be to start close to the cabin and work your way out. If someone is collecting trail fees at the staging area give them a few bucks. THey aren't always out there and if we want that smooth trail going up have to support them. It's a lot different than Revy, not quite as vertical but very expansive. It's a big area to explore! If you can, try to load some fuel cans in the trailer and fll up in Alberta. Fuel everything up in AB...Fernie fuel prices are considerably higher usually. I actually think you know my wife..glad to hear you got your tires figured out! :)

Last edited:

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode 30 days or so last year Revy/Sicamous. On 09 174. Love Revy/Sicamous area. Always ridiculous snow and great place to stay. Leaving tommorow for the first trip out.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frank we may see you out there. Watch for the big 8' wide enclosed with Sk plates hauling Doos.

griffin86

Reaction score
We went to Revy. Rode my turbo Nytro, broke the suspension and bought a 650 husaberg snow bike to ride for the remainder of the trip. Awesome snow, but it was overcast the entire trip. We are going back Feb 9 for 4 days of riding. I will probably go to the mountains 3 times this winter.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 8 days of riding this season so far, snow is deep out there first 4 days it was bottomless. After that it setup and more snow fell so far a great start to the season. Sled ran awesome.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a trip to Valemount from Saskatoon for Mar 15-19. Have a big truck, enclosed trailer, and hotel rooms with room for two more people. We are somewhat new mountain riders (10-20 days mountain riding each) ages 25-30, and I'd be willing to take anyone that has a bit of mountain experience and the gear. Can join the trip anywhere along the path, so Saskatoon, Battleford, Lloyd, etc. Contact me if interested.

Top Bottom