site glitch

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a site glitch where you can't use your space bar? It's working right now .. but all the computers in my house seem to react at the same time. It's happened a few times now.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I believe a site upgrade is happening soon... The site isn't totally compatible with Windows 10 and a few others, from what I understand .... Soon :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hahaha. Soon. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. That was supposed to happen 10 months ago. At the latest...... Right Dale? 😉
If everyone who constantly complained about the issues sent $5 every time we catch them complaining about it we could afford to fix the site......

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
All I'm saying is that when an upgrade is promised, do it. If you can't afford to make an upgrade, don't make the promises. That's all. Ole chrome dome is SUPER bad for that.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
All I'm saying is that when an upgrade is promised, do it. If you can't afford to make an upgrade, don't make the promises. That's all. Ole chrome dome is SUPER bad for that.

There is more to the delay than just saying it should happen and then not doing it.
The update has been delayed in part to a server upgrade that is going to be needed to better handle our growing site and to keep the speed of access reasonable. This wasn't known in the time of his statement. We did an upgrade once that had tons of glitches, waiting for those glitches to be worked out on this upgrade prior to install seemed smarter this time.
The server we need will be custom made to meet our requirements, if someone is wanting to give Ron $2,000.00 - $3000.00 he can have that done right away, unfortunately being a site that he runs often at a loss he has to wait.
What is really being said here is that after Ron made the "update coming" statement he should have continued to address the members with the changing plan.
Tyler, Glen, Ric, Doug and I can bring this up at the next Executive meeting we have....no wait....we don't have those...lol
I'll make sure Ron gets to see this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
how many these sites dragging it down?

There are 10 domains using this nameserver. These are listed below.

Domain
adrenalinerentals.ca
dfinfo.ca
outlawatvclub.com
primaluxuria.ca
quadrallies.com
ransydpublishing.com
ridgepoint.biz
snow-angels.ca
snowandmud.com
thedieselsite.ca

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
intmid8or! your wise and correct.

The server we have here is good and works well. Its the site software that requires some updating. I found out that this is a fairly large job with the customization's that are currently done. And I also know that many don't drastic changes to the site. My plans are as follows;
- Upgrade the site to current 4.X VB not going into the 5's as this is a big difference. and upgrading staying within the 4.X platform will be relatively easy and economical.
- Upgrade the server as the current server is now 3 years old.

Once this is completed we will be developing our own VB mobile app.

Now this all cost a fair amount of funds and time. I had estimates from coders for the upgrade that were between 4 thousand and 8 thousand US Dollars. This year the economy is in the toilet which means less advertisers, so the upgrade will be happening but over time. The current goal in the next few weeks is to move this to the new server, with minimal fixes and some software updates. With the current budget and projected 2017 budget updates will take some time as they cost a fair amount of money.

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
we have same issues, not on your scale though, upgrading to 4 requires server php version update, also with many mods add ins and customization of S&M make it hard to take some or all of them to vb4.
it takes time like you said
server doesnt need upgrades so much as the software end that requires most, if not all, thats what peeps need to know...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had that issue as well. If I press return, then backspace it fixes the problem for me.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems fine on the iPad. Only use the app on the I phone

Top Bottom