Sirius Radio

Lanko

Reaction score
Different satellites. XM has always offered poor service in Canada. FYI your Ford is Sirius not XM.

FYI, Sirius and XM used to be two separate companies, they merged about 6 years ago to create what is now Sirius XM.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI, Sirius and XM used to be two separate companies, they merged about 6 years ago to create what is now Sirius XM.
That's correct but the content is not quite exactly the same and they continued to use separate satellites which is why it's very rare to find a universal radio they still either connect to XM or Sirius satellites.

Lanko

Reaction score
That's correct but the content is not quite exactly the same and they continued to use separate satellites which is why it's very rare to find a universal radio they still either connect to XM or Sirius satellites.

Thanks for the info, was not aware of the shared satellite situation

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gave up. Cancelled last year. All the music I care about is on my phone anyway.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had Sirius channels and in the wife's QX80 we had XM channels. I didn't like it because I can't get the NFL network on XM so I called them and they gave me some all-access upgrade so I get all the channels from both now. They haven't offered any explanation for the poor reception so this will still be my last year if they don't get it sorted out.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a lifetime subscription back in 2008, haven't had a hitch passing it on from vehicle to vehicle except the odd $50 charge that shows up on my credit card statement that they give back the moment I call about it. I'm shocked at how many pay every year to "renew" unless they dropped the lifetime thing. It was $560 at the time I did it.

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weird I've never been offered a lifetime package I wonder if it's something that's still available and they just don't advertise it. Would be a no-brainer if it's an option.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a lifetime subscription back in 2008, haven't had a hitch passing it on from vehicle to vehicle except the odd $50 charge that shows up on my credit card statement that they give back the moment I call about it. I'm shocked at how many pay every year to "renew" unless they dropped the lifetime thing. It was $560 at the time I did it.
That's strange they usually won't transfer it and leave it locked to an old radio to phase the lifetime subscriptions out

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P5270002.jpg
P5270003.jpg

today all day long :(

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I used to be able to drive from brooks to my place in the shwaps and only lose signal in the snow sheds on Rodgers. At easter I was fine then I went to monashee powder April 15 and I bet I was out of signal 50%. That's in a Ford with stock radio. Had it 5 years. Just took the wife's escape out for May long and same thing no signal half the time. Really sucks

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
USA acct, minimal issues in two different vehicles, wonder if canadian subs are on xm birds

I've got a US account and a non built in receiver as it works better than the built in one's. But I've got same problem. No signal in lots of places where 2 months ago was no issue

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Well I guess they're gonna be loosing some business.

Like I said before. I will pay for my GM wifi and listen to Internet radio instead of Sirius crap that doesn't work

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've noticed it as well and my theory is they are going to release a "new" product marketing better reception to try and make money again.. It's rather frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
My XM in my truck is working again for a little while. Was out in the bush today cutting fire wood and it didn't cut out once. So I don't get it at all. Before my XM would cut out so I got Sirius I don't understand .

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My XM in my truck is working again for a little while. Was out in the bush today cutting fire wood and it didn't cut out once. So I don't get it at all. Before my XM would cut out so I got Sirius I don't understand .

because they are now on the same satellite, even the new crappy sirius satellite is better than the old fawked XM system.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had life time subscription since 2005 and yearly before that. Still have a couple transfers left. I've called them multiple times both Canadian and American.
Really tough to get answers but they say the put up new satellite and repeater system. Garbage.
We have xm in the 4runner and it doesn't work 90 percent of the time driving from canmore to the west.
Xm used to be on 2 fixed satellites over LA and NY. Sirius had orbiting satellites and that is why it worked better.
Not sure what they have actually done but it is garbage.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom