Sir John A was a B*tard

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting and seemingly well researched while still being as balanced as it could be using the lens of today to peer back 125 years ago.

Thought a bit of the reasoning for the hate behind the statue removal was useful. He seemed aware that the policies of the day were actually killing people. So while he did a lot of positive things, should one defend someone who deliberately ignores starving people to death?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And why are you concerned about the drastic decisions that were taken decades ago, cant please everyone.
Its called History for a reason, good or bad it cannot be changed or altered. How do you feel about Queen Victoria? Maybe her name should be removed from things.
With the way this society is going, I wonder how long History will be taught in schools.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not concerned about historic wrongs but apparently others are hence the removal of the statue in Victoria. I like the German approach where they are completely open about the past and keep it as a reminder to not go down that path again. Helps provide closure for many and some will always be outraged regardless of what efforts are made to reconcile. You can be sure there are no statues commemorating those who were involved although that was on a scale considerably grander than starving a couple hundred thousand natives.

I am curious at what point something wrong can be overlooked cuz, well, I have this plan.... :)

And why are you concerned about the drastic decisions that were taken decades ago, cant please everyone.
Its called History for a reason, good or bad it cannot be changed or altered. How do you feel about Queen Victoria? Maybe her name should be removed from things.
With the way this society is going, I wonder how long History will be taught in schools.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting and seemingly well researched while still being as balanced as it could be using the lens of today to peer back 125 years ago.

Thought a bit of the reasoning for the hate behind the statue removal was useful. He seemed aware that the policies of the day were actually killing people. So while he did a lot of positive things, should one defend someone who deliberately ignores starving people to death?
Alah was a goat humping, pedophile and a muderous butcher and he is worshipped and his teachings protected like nothing else!!!!
Maybe let's focus on the problem his follows are........no wait that would take balls.

History is history and the choices made then cannot be compared to the whiny entitled I can out showboat you attitude of today.

Piss off, leave history alone and do some ting useful for the next generation. And the woe is me and my ancestors issues won't help heal a dam thing......People fawked with my homeland (Ukraine) and nobody going to change the past. Live with it.
Sheeesh there are to many whiners, dogooder rightous peps and way to few actually good people.

As your attached article states there were a lot worse people running the world back in the day and even at that time.
There were a lot of worse choices than John A.
Not all he did was evil and a lot of the article is based on the writings of others.......third party opinions of know nothings???

Hating John A is just part of the trendy let's hate whites thing.
Just loosers taking part is all.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem I see is we are viewing history from the eyes of people in 2018. We have a completely different set of morals, views and political correctness than other periods in history, yet we are crucifying people from different era's based on what we may consider right an wrong today. This is a very slippery slope. What we consider right and moral today may be viewed very different in 50 or 100 years and we ourselves may be the villians in the futures eyes.

Its to bad people from the 1800's didnt have the forsite to know what we would think was right and wrong in 2018.

Today we see a rabbit bounce across out front yard we take pictures and post on instagram, how cute it is, back in 1872 you yelled at our wife to get the gun so we could kill the little fawker for dinner.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
23dxtmZB_Roq0dqmd42e3jkwS0ddoz_Kcx6DghunZKk.jpg

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its wasn't for him I doubt many of us would be enjoying the freedoms we have today.

Next the will be pulling him from the ten dollar bill and putting up a chief wigwam.

Top Bottom