Single sled, sled deck

Bert the bod

Reaction score
Anyone know who makes a single sled, sled deck, something that I can keep the tailgate up and will fit in a F 150 with the 5.5' box?

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truck Boss or Denali makes a 7' box that fits a 5.5 box but its not a single deck I have it on my 1500 Ram.

Here come the fun police

Braaaaaap !!!

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes a single sled, sled deck, something that I can keep the tailgate up and will fit in a F 150 with the 5.5' box?
I needed one last year and ended up building one out of 2x4's for my Silverado 1500 w/ a 5.5' box. Not fancy or anything, and I found that it was better to engineer it with the tail gate down as my sled is almost 9' long. PM me for more info if you want to go this way.

scottp

Reaction score
Truck Boss or Denali makes a 7' box that fits a 5.5 box but its not a single deck I have it on my 1500 Ram.

Here come the fun police

Braaaaaap !!!
I did the same thing on my 1500 Ram. I will rarely have 2 sleds on it and its nice to have the room in the box.

Bert the bod

Reaction score
I'm kinda thinking of finding a old steel 2 place and cutting it down to fit my box

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best one ive seen is the full lotus, its a 10' ramp basically and your sled parks on it and it and its like a teeter totter that tilts level and you slide it in to the box. You remove your tailgate too.

Last edited:

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Crosstracs a call around Lacome area. They built one for my 95 stepside shortbox
They modified one for me as well to accommodate my fuel tank. Great to deal with.

scottp

Reaction score
Exactly and you dont want to be razzed by the 1 ton club either! Just wondering, are using LT rated tires? I have the ice rated Wranglers that are rated at just under 3000 lbs max load and am considering the LT Michelins from Costco.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built one out of 2x6s and plywood. VERY happy with it. Super cheap to build, light to take in and out, and works really well. Its basically just three 2x6s 8 feet long with a sheet of 3/4" plywood on top. If I were to do it again though I would just use 1x4s instead of the plywood. Would be cheaper, drain better, would save having to put traction cleats on. Then made two ramps out of 2x4s that slide inside the deck part. Nice thing about having it 8' long is it supports the sled much better.

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a2a8e7e4.jpg

Built one last year, works great

Sent from my iPhone using

Bert the bod

Reaction score
I built one out of 2x6s and plywood. VERY happy with it. Super cheap to build, light to take in and out, and works really well. Its basically just three 2x6s 8 feet long with a sheet of 3/4" plywood on top. If I were to do it again though I would just use 1x4s instead of the plywood. Would be cheaper, drain better, would save having to put traction cleats on. Then made two ramps out of 2x4s that slide inside the deck part. Nice thing about having it 8' long is it supports the sled much better.

I did think of building on like you have, but I want to keep my tailgate up, truck is only a couple months old. I think there would be to much of a pivot point if I removed my tailgate and built a platform type deck.

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly and you dont want to be razzed by the 1 ton club either! Just wondering, are using LT rated tires? I have the ice rated Wranglers that are rated at just under 3000 lbs max load and am considering the LT Michelins from Costco.

I put 10 ply BF Goodrich AT & airbags, not sure what the load is but will check :)

PowderStew

Reaction score
I did think of building on like you have, but I want to keep my tailgate up, truck is only a couple months old. I think there would be to much of a pivot point if I removed my tailgate and built a platform type deck.

Build the deck in two pieces. One the length of the box and the second the remaining lenght. Screw some sort of hing between them and fold shorter piece into the box when you are not hauling the sled. I have done this in the past and am going to build a new one in the next week or so.

Top Bottom