Silverstar Area

sask_dragon

Reaction score
Hey guys my wife and I are heading west for Christmas and visiting in laws out in the Kelowna/Vernon area. I'm just looking for info on the trail system around Silverstar as I have been up to the ski hill and past the snowmobile staging area but haven't heard too much about it. Any info would be great. Also if there are any other areas close let me know. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

stusnow

Reaction score
Mostly groomed trail and a couple of cabins up there small amount of tree riding and a few cut blocks/meadows. Good family area but that's about it

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sask Dragon:

Go to Vernon Snowmobile Club website. It has the trail map for Silver Star. Mostly just trail riding and some small meadows. However, there are a few places for some pretty challenging tree riding. Kinda have to know where you are going tho to get the fun stuff. Lot's of bushwhacking to get there. I actually built a snowbike this year just for the reason of going out in the afternoons after skiing up there. Not really challenging on a sled. Snowbike should be a gas.

If you go to the north end of the trail system there are some cut blocks that you can play in if there is big snow. i noticed there was some logging outside of the park this summer, and that may be good enough for playing in.
The Vernon trail system is only a three minute drive from the ski hiill. I sometimes leave my trailer at the first parking lot where the sled rentals are. If you talk nice to the guys they will let you run up from their concession to the trail system. You also need a parking pass for a trailer if you want to park it. Talk to central reservations.

The drive up to Silverstar is also a pain if you are pulling a big trailer. The road up is steep - I usually have to stop once to let the tranny cool. When I had my big trailer - I kept it in Vernon at one of the storage places instead of running it up the hill. If you are just going to sled - there are a lot better places to stay than the Star. If the family is going to ski too - great place. Best thing about the village is lots of great restaurants and bars that you can walk to from anywhere you stay. Makes it great to have a few drinks and not have to worry about driving back to hotel.

Closest area to is Hunter's Range. 45 minutes from Vernon. Lumby/Park about 15 min more because you have to drive thru Vernon and road only two lane. Depends on what your skill level is. I wouldn't do Park\Nelson without someone who knows the area. Easy to get lost. Hunters is a great area, but will be busy over Xmas..

PM me if you need more info

Greg

snowtracker

Reaction score
I would try Falkland area there is some wife friendly riding there. Falkland-chase rd near Pillar lk resort. will be there around the 23rd with my with also

Top Bottom