silverbacks or outlaws

cookgio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any body know the weight of either tire. i hear the silverbacks are really heavy. does anybody in alberta run silverbacks and if so how do you like them.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does any body know the weight of either tire. i hear the silverbacks are really heavy. does anybody in alberta run silverbacks and if so how do you like them.

The 28"x10x12 outlaws weigh 31lb and the 28"x10x12 Silverbacks are 34lb Have'nt run either, both look a little to rough for my riding.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep you'll break axels and wear $hit out in a hurry with tires like that. chances are if the mudhole is big enough, you'll be winching out in the end anyways so who cares how big ur rubber is. I know Zillas are the lightest mud tires, i run them in a 26 inch and can go enough places, and the front end of my quad is still intact. just my opinion

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its pretty much known that outlaws are better in skeg and silverbacks dig hard and bite which is worse in skeg.

that said both are outstanding tires in the mud department and both snap axles quite regularly.

also . silverbacks outlast outlaws for wear time. they are a harder compound.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always thought that outlaws were ridiculous, way to agressive. then i decided to try them and i will tell you. i will never buy another tire. they are amazing. they will take yu anywhere you want to go. and they don't ride that bad on trails. you can walk right through a mud hole that others are getting hung up in. when i had my 29.5's and a lift i broke joints all the time. so i got rid of the lift and went down to 27's and i have not broke a thing sinse and i am alot more comfortable getting on the throttle when in the mud.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ive had outlaws for over 2 years now, been a great tire. lugs far enough apart to clean out the mud. actually decent on the trail. havent broken anything yet that is related to the tires... got the power to turn them

the silverbacks perform quite similar to the outlaws... the laws are lighter but what i like about the backs are they have more sidewall grip to climb out of mudholes and over logs.

cant go wrong with either

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
got a rhino with 30" outlaws and a prowler with silverbacks,the out laws dont even come close.as far as breaking axles,if you know how to drive and not point them tires in every direction you wont have issues.stock axles on both my units after 2 years and havnt broke.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a rhino with 30" outlaws and a prowler with silverbacks,the out laws dont even come close.as far as breaking axles,if you know how to drive and not point them tires in every direction you wont have issues.stock axles on both my units after 2 years and havnt broke.

Outlaws are only made in 29.5 or 30`s .How did you get a set of 30`s ?

kimluck

Reaction score
outlaws, 06 polaris 700, 29.5-12-12, snorkle stealth kit. have not broke any drive line parts since new. awesome tire. can go up to instrumentation pod in water, no problem.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
28" Outlaws: all broken axles on 04 AC 650v2. Two broken front Gorilla axles and twisted splines on both rear Gorillas on that machine
28" Outlaws: broken axle first ride out on the Outlander. Run 28" Mudbugs now...the winch comes out more often, but I get home under my own steam at least.

Edit: Outlaws AND Silverbacks suck in the skeg. The deep lugs tear the surface even with no throttle and down you go.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have 29.5 outlaws on my 3 year old outlander and have never broke any axels. I have around 3000 miles now. But the one thing they do break is headlights.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outlaws are the best tire out there. I run 29.5s on my king with a ten inch lift and 26s on my girlfriends king with a 3 inch lift. i havnt tried silverbacks but could imagine they will be a great tire. The 26s on my oldladys quad makes riding mud with us alot easier she goes anywhere and dont have to ride hard just get on the throttle. Ive broke axles and a diff on my king with 29.5s before i put the lift on only cause i was stupid.

tool_man

Reaction score
Love the laws, awesome mud tire.....not good for high speed riding or sand but work well in most other conditions.

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
both are very close in weight not enough to make a differnce i think silverbacks are better in liek watter mud and deep mud and outalws are pretty good and amazing in skegg cuz of the paddle tread

Top Bottom