Silver Mines

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been in real recently, but know peeps who have. With the recent weather, it'll still be boney at the highest elevations but once you get in it should be decent. Been some snow here lately but not a ton and pretty good alpine winds so we're finding all alpine spots are fairly windblown and hard. Weather's looking like viz could suck on Saturday, but clearing Sunday. It's been warmer and some sun, so the snow is setting up quick. Yesterday was pretty warm at 2000m, freeze lines been running around 1100-1300m lately.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumper deep at 100hp hill. By the time yea dropped that ANC into the next bowl it was bumper to headlight deep. Snowman pass was headlight deep. No tracks and broke trail all the way in. Was 2 if us plus a crew from Rocky mtn house. Didn't push the trail any further down as the vis. Was getting worse. You'd never know it as the trail in had mayby 1cm all the way to the ponds.

Clares240

Reaction score
Here I clicked on this because I thought you were talking about mining. I was down south in the valley in gold country and it was so nice I was thinking I should be packing my pan with all these creeks running so nice. It's cold on the hands though.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not the greatist... if you are taking the trail over the mountain(turn off like your on you way to silent) the loggin company has it plowed for 3km. I would HIGHLY recomend deck or just a truck. It is very tight, very narrow, and steep. they have a medi truck parked at the turn around and anything beyond a two place is not going to work. Anything more than two or three trucks there and you gonna have problems. Other side i cant really say.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at "the other side" on sunday, turnaround was good although the logging company will be using it to turn the trucks around when they are working so probably only room for a couple trucks and trailers

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
plowing to km35 on Spill
you turn off at km17 for Silvermines...so your good

Last edited:
Top Bottom