Silver Mines

xrsrev

Reaction score
When we were at silent pass over new years you could definately c that there had been lots of sleds into silver mines! Not sure what the conditions are like however im sure they are great but watch them avys!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of guys have been heading up to Summit Lake, but I highly doubt anyone has been able to access the Mines. The alders are too high and we haven't had a large enough avy cycle yet to burry them.
We are about to have a very large cycle so stay out of there for a bit.
Most dangerous place in Golden's terrain.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't actually heard of anyone that's been in yet...noone very avy smart would head in there yet. :eek:

Like GSR says, we need more snow coverage for alot of the places. Can't believe the boulders and trees that are still not covered this year that normally you wouldn't be seeing at all in mid-January!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone been up here recently? How far are people driving up the road

was thinking of dropping into crystaline creek just past snowman pass.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't been in since end of March...but there were a couple good avy paths/debris to get over then. Might be tough to get past if there's no snow coverage?? Been pretty warm down low. Trail was grreasssssy a month ago...could be getting a bit bare by now??!!!

Let us know how you made out. :)

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone been up here recently? How far are people driving up the road

was thinking of dropping into crystaline creek just past snowman pass.

I've looked at that many times, have you done this? or are you thinking about it? Can a person not get there by going around by the heli lodge?

Did you ever make it up the old bobbie burns road?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've looked at that many times, have you done this? or are you thinking about it? Can a person not get there by going around by the heli lodge?

Did you ever make it up the old bobbie burns road?

yes it can be done and has been done. You go roughly half way down, there is a flat spot before the "dip". This is a water fall, would recommend scouting it before dropping. If looks good..... get er done!!

Going around and up the bottom looks pretty intense with the tree work and potentially 2 waterfalls. I have never tried it.

Bobbie burns i have not tried this, but know some ppl who have with success.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We dropped down to Crystalline from Snowman lake in '04. Then continued west another couple of ranges. Even though it was past heli-ski season they were not giving us the love when flying by in the small Bell. When we got back to the waterfall we caught up to some guys that had followed our tracks down and now couldn't get back up, and really messed up the line. To be fair it was very warm by this point and the snow had gone to slush. One of our group smoked a rock trying to get up the waterfall and took out his trailing arm and we had to leave the sled. I rode three sleds up for the other group. The broken sled was retrieved the next day with parts from Calgary, early while the snow was still stiff.

We have never gone back.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe watch heading in there if you go...some of those big, nastly slide paths gotta be letting loose soon :eek: When they do they are huge...we still can't cross them on our quads in August!

Haven't been in for awhile...have no idea what that trail would be looking like..but you should be able to drive a ways in right now? Most trails are mud/dirt/some snow right now around here at least til around 6000ft.

Top Bottom