Silent Pass Parking

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is simply a heads up. I went out for a ride in Silent on Saturday and it was a total CLUSTER F&&K at the 21km. This was for a few reasons.
1. The guys who got there first were nice enough to leave very little room to turn around. WHICH wouldn't have been a big deal for myself who has a deck, but the huge trailer in front of myself, and behind me that were stuck made my day long as I pulled them both out...
2. The turn around at the 21km is SUPER icy. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that.

Not trying to Rant at all! The conditions were UNREAL!
Just trying to give information about what's up out there. When parking leave LOTS of room out there especially at the turn-around. Seriously why park in it... you think you'll be the last one there?????
:eek: Best conditions I've seen in YEARS!! Loving life!!

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and there is AMPLE parking at the 17km marker! Especially for inclosed trailers! I roll out there with my inclosed from time to time too so I'm not made at big trailers. They are the best thing in the world and I wished I had mine as it was pouring rain in the valley and my sled got sooo dirty.
Just saying LOTS of room at the 17km turn around.

dschwindt

Reaction score
I was in Sunday there must have been a few staying at the cabin as there were 3 vehicles with atleast a foot of snow on them. I parked at 21 and it was a nightmare with the heavy wet snow in the afternoon. Then tried to help a truck and trailer out at 17 km parking and it was already a skating rink by 1 PM. You definatly want chains when it snows up there.

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
We were up Sunday too, was awesome day with a little bit of blue sky even. Snow was deeep and heavy! Sleds were working hard climbing getting around. Throttle cable piled up on my sled when we were up top. And we had to rig it up like a rope and I jerked the chit out of it all the way back to the 17 lol. Shoulder's and arm's still hurt haha.
Another note if your headin up there. As we spent about 2hrs helping a guy try and get his truck and enclosed turned around at the 17. We got the truck out, but couldn't quite get the trailer up the hill. They had chit tires on the truck, no chains, and not a clue. Apparently he was stuck the day before at the 21 too, dumbass.
The road headin up there, and turn arounds are rough, but fine with just a deck or a little two place. With all the new snow and warm temps it'll make it pretty interesting with a big trailer. So, just a heads up.
P.S. Thanks to the dude who hooked me up with some APV on the way in. Cheer's buddy if your on here:beer:

dschwindt

Reaction score
Yeah those are the guys I stopped to help on Sunday at 17. They finally got hooked up and out of there at 1 PM. They were there for 3 hours. That parking lot was a skating rink by the time they were done. Good times

Keeperswilly

Reaction score
Yeah man haha, was so slippery when we came out around 5. Just about went ass over tea kettle a couple times walking around the truck when we were gettin loaded up. haha

Top Bottom