Silent pass grooming

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the grooming schedule is for Silent Pass? My son and myself are thinking of going up to Silent the second weekend of April but it all depends if the Golden sled club is still grooming the trail in. |I don't think my aging body can handle 40km of ungroomed trail!!!

Britt

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's usually Thursday. Haven't been there for a couple months though

mustard73

Reaction score
There is a grooming schedule on the Golden Snowmobile Club website. I can't get it to load right now but it worked the other day. Thursday is correct but not sure how late in the season they groom. Was up there March 31 and it had been groomed and trail was in really good shape.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a grooming schedule on the Golden Snowmobile Club website. I can't get it to load right now but it worked the other day. Thursday is correct but not sure how late in the season they groom. Was up there March 31 and it had been groomed and trail was in really good shape.

Usually after Easter it starts to get hit and miss for the grooming based on number of sledders coming, costs/revenues and snow levels. If no riders are coming, then no more grooming as it costs money to run the groomer and at some point the costs outweight the revenues. Also snow conditions play a huge role, if the trail down low is starting to get rocky, then you can wreck a groomer pretty quick dragging it in low snow conditions across the rocks. My guess - it might get groomed once or twice more this season but talk to GSR because they know the local scene the best and maybe when the club is cutting off the grooming.

Top Bottom