silber turbo

cheeky24

Reaction score
Hey guys been checking out info on the silber turbo. What are your thoughts on this kit they seem pretty reasonable and look like they work well.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are much better kits available....you get what you pay for

Last edited:

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the same price (or less because of exchange), you can put on a TSS low boost kit. I think you would be 10x farther ahead going that route.

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just browse the poo threads on here and snowest and see how they are working for them..

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put 500 Miles on my Silber Kit and it worked pretty well. I paid 3K for the kit brand new, put a better blowoff valve in and a water to air intercooler, different boost gauge, which put me at 3600 dollars. Changed the MAP Sensor location. The clutching that comes with it isnt the best so there will be some added cost there for ya. Controller seem to work fine once you get is set up properly. It does require some adjusting when you go up and down in elevation. Not much but... it does need some.

If you are going to pay full price and with the current US exchange I would lean towards TSS kit basically because of the boost it box and it will come with the clutching.

Last edited:

cheeky24

Reaction score
I can pick up a used kit with 650 miles on it for 2000g figured for that money I could afford to play with it a bit. What are guys doing to make them work. there are 1/2 dozen videos on youtube showing them rip pretty good.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 2g? as long as you enjoy wrenching and tuning and what not, don't pick up a 2000$ turbo kit and expect a pull and go system, there will be some tinkering:D

Just hopefully not down in some drainage before dark while it's socked in.. Something to think about

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A turbo system that is not tuned properly could cost you an engine. It will also wreck several of your rides as well as wreck it for the people your riding with. Turbos are finicky there is days they run great and other days they run like crap with the improper setup. If your set up for example in edmonton then you head to valemount for a rip a lot of systems will fail you. Why is the turbo system for sale? You may be purchasing a 2K paperweight. You get what you pay for.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with rknight, the general rule of thumb for turbos goes as is; the less you pay for a system the more you pay in the end

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But a good kit and get someone that knows how to install one put it in! I like to think I am a better mechanic then the average joe, but if and when I turbo my xm it's going to get installed bye a shop that knows what to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys been checking out info on the silber turbo. What are your thoughts on this kit they seem pretty reasonable and look like they work well.

Be careful what you read on the internet. I would bet 95% of the people that like to comment on how terrible silber is, have never even seen one. I paid about the same for mine, and as far as I'm concerned there is no other builder that can come close to the same value. My kit has the exact same kpa turbo that tss uses, the same fuel controller as areocharger and then if I replaced all the other components I would still be half the price of either of those kits. But I guess I haven't had mine on snow yet either so only time will tell. I look forward to actually being able to give an honest review on it so people looking don't just have to read garbage comments from people that really don't have a clue. Anyway I would say for that price go for it. Don't have to be the "coolest" guy on the hill with the kit everybody wants, as long as it works for you. Worst case you prove a bunch of people wrong, or you pull it off and sell it to the next guy to try out.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run a few different turbo kits. An attitude industries kit - a non intercooled, Garrett turbo, with a controller similar to silbers. I've ran a non intercooled silber kit, which I switched over to the boost-it fuel controller. I'm now going with the full boost-it setup.
What I've found, you may think your getting a good deal by buying based on price. But in reality your paying later on, on the Hill. I can't tell you how much headache, frustration, and money I spent on trying to make those first two kits work. I spent an honest 3 hrs wrenching for every hour riding. The parts might seem like the same as the expensive kit, but there not. I had to redesign most parts, and reconfigure the kits to make them last.
But once I spent the 3 seasons tinkering, I finally got them to work well. But at a huge cost. Be prepared....

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yes I learned the hard way. Neil at boost it made all my nightmares go away.
I'm a firm believer in the term. " You get what you pay for" that's all I'm saying.
If your tuning is off and you don't know or your pushing it it WILL cost you a motor and depending where you are it may cost you a chopper hook up. Maybe you will at least have a tshirt or a hat for a souvenir. Good Luck with whichever direction you take it may work out for you who knows.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I learned the hard way. Neil at boost it made all my nightmares go away.
I'm a firm believer in the term. " You get what you pay for" that's all I'm saying.
If your tuning is off and you don't know or your pushing it it WILL cost you a motor and depending where you are it may cost you a chopper hook up. Maybe you will at least have a tshirt or a hat for a souvenir. Good Luck with whichever direction you take it may work out for you who knows.
Ya, Selkirk helicopters hats are 500 bones

cheeky24

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys I agree with what you r saying and am also a firm beliver in u get whst u pay for but I still sure like deals lol I'm going to stsy away from this kit and when I can afford it go with the TSS thsnks

Top Bottom