Silber Turbo kit for Pro RMK

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have read a load of reviews on this kit, so far what I have got out of it is, the control box sucked at first, couldn't hold the tune, there was oil tank U bolt issues, which Silber fixed, and the air box set up was **** but they copied Boondocker, so for a guy looking to run 6-7psi boost and using the new Bully Dog box with the new silicone air intake set up, would it be a good bang for buck deal! Any help and advice would be good! Thanks:beer:

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would wait till what the reviews are after this year personally. Take a look at the mtntk kit, sounds like its running strong for a "cheaper" alternative.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends ran the kit in 12, father and son. Father set his up and had his dialed but in 13 he went to a rk tek big bore cause he didnt like the turbo lag in the trees.

Son was impatient and didnt like reading and playing with tuner and went stock in 13.

This year the son pulled the trigger on the bully dog one. I can let you know how it goes. Hes in revy right now with it.

The oil tank u bolt did wear into the corners of the tank and leak and they had to move oil lines on the old kit and the tuner was annoying.

Hoping this new kit is everything they are saying its suppose to be.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have to agree with Dalton. Why take the risk on a kit that always seems to be claiming to be fixing last years issues. If I had a pro I would be looking at the mntnk kit for low boost or boost it for higher.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends ran the kit in 12, father and son. Father set his up and had his dialed but in 13 he went to a rk tek big bore cause he didnt like the turbo lag in the trees.

Son was impatient and didnt like reading and playing with tuner and went stock in 13.

This year the son pulled the trigger on the bully dog one. I can let you know how it goes. Hes in revy right now with it.

The oil tank u bolt did wear into the corners of the tank and leak and they had to move oil lines on the old kit and the tuner was annoying.

Hoping this new kit is everything they are saying its suppose to be.

Yes olease let let me know how his kit works out, would be greatly apriceated. Thanks

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes please let me know!! Dam phone!

He said runs like stock but has the boost. Hes running 50/60 prem/av. Not much lag at all.

Asked if hes playing with the box and this is what he said "U can't play with the box like I said man she's stock I take out Polaris injectors put bullydog/silbers in and then bypass stock ecu with bullydog tuning. Only thing u play with is boost up or down"

Sounds like a home run. They worked out the issues last couple years and this bully dog tuner is the cherry on top.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I where going to turbo a pro it would be a Boost it kit hands down! Never heard on bad thing about them. Silber on the other hand I only heard bad things not much good at all.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said runs like stock but has the boost. Hes running 50/60 prem/av. Not much lag at all.

Asked if hes playing with the box and this is what he said "U can't play with the box like I said man she's stock I take out Polaris injectors put bullydog/silbers in and then bypass stock ecu with bullydog tuning. Only thing u play with is boost up or down"

Sounds like a home run. They worked out the issues last couple years and this bully dog tuner is the cherry on top.

Ya a home run! Not much lag at all......and can't touch the box to make it perfect
Sounds more like a strike out....

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya a home run! Not much lag at all......and can't touch the box to make it perfect
Sounds more like a strike out....

Computer does all the work. Why would you want to be playing with a controller all the time. I personally like warming up my sled and then driving it not pushing buttons.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Computer does all the work. Why would you want to be playing with a controller all the time. I personally like warming up my sled and then driving it not pushing buttons.

Did I ever say play with the controller all the time??but if I ever need to I can! How many times has a stand alone fuel controller left guys stranded with a sled that won't run?? I've seen too many! It's actually amazing people still consider them.
It's fine if people like you are happy with cheap, low quality turbo kits like the silber, but I think most consumers want the best for their money.
I rode my pro 1200 km last season without one single turbo issue, I can adjust my main fuel and boost control on the XIC in about 20 seconds if needed. .....only problem I had was a Polaris TPS all year....... Oh ya and no turbo lag. Grand slam I'd say

Sent from my iPad using

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People get on these threads going off about Silbers Turbo Kit , because they are cheap kits. Had one learned the hard way. Someone said on here buy nice or buy twice. If you know what your looking at,really look at Silbers kit. I see his new kit is back to the Walbro pump, the u clamp holding the pump to the tank,the near horizontal to small oil drain hose,and those stupid 1/4 inch bolts with rubber washers that hold the airbox on and that $5.00 BOV. These are a few of the major things that should have been redesigned years ago. But the muffler is shiney and it has the Bullydog GT tuner ...... Stay far away from these

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People get on these threads going off about Silbers Turbo Kit , because they are cheap kits. Had one learned the hard way. Someone said on here buy nice or buy twice. If you know what your looking at,really look at Silbers kit. I see his new kit is back to the Walbro pump, the u clamp holding the pump to the tank,the near horizontal to small oil drain hose,and those stupid 1/4 inch bolts with rubber washers that hold the airbox on and that $5.00 BOV. These are a few of the major things that should have been redesigned years ago. But the muffler is shiney and it has the Bullydog GT tuner ...... Stay far away from these

I agree. As I said before the nick name for this kit is slobber turbos. Cause that's how your season will go. By the time your done adding quality parts to this cheaper kit u could just by a top line kit.

goodtogo

Reaction score
I had a 12 pro with 12 silber kit I put 800 miles on it it was the worst turbo kit I have ever owned spend the money get a good one, are seasons are short enough without the help of cheap turbo kits

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 12 pro with 12 silber kit I put 800 miles on it it was the worst turbo kit I have ever owned spend the money get a good one, are seasons are short enough without the help of cheap turbo kits

Bet it was good until you sold it?? Lol

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cool, so does he have a couple days of riding in or just first rip out, if you dont mind keep me posted as to how his whole trip goes. Thanks alot and really appreciate the info

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried mine around here last weekend worked really good and I'm taking in to the mountains tommorrow, that will be the bullydogs first real test for me.

Sent from my iPhone using

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried mine around here last weekend worked really good and I'm taking in to the mountains tommorrow, that will be the bullydogs first real test for me.

Sent from my iPhone using

Cool have fun in the hills and if ya don't mind shoot me a message to let me know how it worked for you. Thanks

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool, so does he have a couple days of riding in or just first rip out, if you dont mind keep me posted as to how his whole trip goes. Thanks alot and really appreciate the info

he left sask sunday think hes road monday to now. prob will ride 5 days. seems to like it alot, i remember him with his 2012 kit playing with the box and reading the manual at night and asking his dad to set his like his. he rides 5 days straight once a month so he puts about a solid month of straight riding on per year so he should get some decent seat time with the kit this year.

Top Bottom