Signs of Fall

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than the obvious things, What little signs of the seasons has everyone noticed.I saw a flock of a couple hundred ducks this morning.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other than the obvious things, What little signs of the seasons has everyone noticed.I saw a flock of a couple hundred ducks this morning.

You might want to come out to BC, we wish we had signs of fall. Maybe 3 days of rain in the past 75 days, highs expected top be in the low 30's for the next few days and no rain in the 14 day forecast.

can you say drought?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You might want to come out to BC, we wish we had signs of fall. Maybe 3 days of rain in the past 75 days, highs expected top be in the low 30's for the next few days and no rain in the 14 day forecast.

can you say drought?

The East Kootenay's have about average rainfall. I keep a day book and because sooo many people complain about the rain without really knowing how much has fallen, I put out a small UFA rain guage and recorded with every rain. This summer we are at 10 and 8/10ths. That is average for the last 6 years!

No campfire ban; everything is nice and fresh and green. The only fires (of significance) in the SE have been north of Radium and north of Revy.

I doo feel for those building and particularly for those just starting....it is a pita working or not working because of the rain. And all you farmers, wow.....

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The East Kootenay's have about average rainfall. I keep a day book and because sooo many people complain about the rain without really knowing how much has fallen, I put out a small UFA rain guage and recorded with every rain. This summer we are at 10 and 8/10ths. That is average for the last 6 years!

No campfire ban; everything is nice and fresh and green. The only fires (of significance) in the SE have been north of Radium and north of Revy.

I doo feel for those building and particularly for those just starting....it is a pita working or not working because of the rain. And all you farmers, wow.....

Yeah, out here in Central Alberta things are more than a little DAMP !!!!!!! :rant: The last few years we have been a little dry but this year has more than made up for it !!! Every stupid night it seems we get a thunder-storm and/or a really good down-pour !
And don't even get me started on the size and amount of mosquitos' !! :eek:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
My kids come back on Tuesday....a sure sign that summer is over...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
the morning temps are around 4 degrees C.....close to freezing and lots of dew!

The grouse walking through the yard are big, another couple of weeks and they'll be in the freezer!!

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing the season end tournaments for baseball two more league games then were done and start working on the trail systems for the trailseekers oh yea
getting rev up

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the auto turn on for my headlights left them on till i nearly got to work today its coming. oh and my right hand thumb is getting itchy needs more action.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've started getting emails that this years sledding videos are being shipped. :common001:Hockey schools and try-out camps are all running full bore. :cool::cool:

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
Ive seen the leaves turning yellow and some even falling...
time for registration for sports, school, etc...
and last but not least I keep hearing my hubby talkin to all his buddies that its time to buy a new sled!!

Top Bottom