Sidewinder Effect - where does four stroke go from here?

Turbofly

Reaction score
Thanks Canuck5. That is good to know. Looking forward to giving one a try. Thanks to Niner I checked into a demo and may have a chance to give one a go. I have the 240 kit now on my nytro but I feel that I don't use it to the full potential and for that reason hoping that the 180-200 stock ponies will be enough.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent 6000km on my nytro and now have 500km on sidewinder it's it so much easier to ride than my nytro it's unbelievable. Many a times I go to give it the nytro pull and it has come right over. I have straight pipe on mine as well the thing pulls hard but I will eventually be headed to the 250 hp range where these yammies really start to purr. I buy 4 strokes strictly because of reliability I enjoy riding more than wrenching. That said I do believe the engine in the 850 is on track to produce more reliable 2 strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Too bad the rest of the sled sucks from the handlebars forward.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
rgv1000.jpg
Did some digging on the internet. Look what i found. 1000cc v-twin two stroke. Using the cr-500 cylinders.
There's ways one can improve the design for sure, no trans, A two rod crank journal, side exit exhaust and direct injection(but that's a complete new cylinder).

knocksum

Reaction score
I like the design. Keeping the clutches inside the bulkhead will be the next innovation. 32 inch ski stance.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There isnt any new snowmobile manufacture technology that can run with my 19 yr old wedge.
You should share the delusional drugs you are taking so we can all see the rainbow wedgie for all the greatness and cutting edge technology it has being it must have been at least 25 years ahead of its time.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little OT but has anyone done a board upgrade on their SW? Pics?

There are boards available for the SW, basically 2 options. Option one just the boards and option two with a rear cooler. Coolant runs through the boards. I currently have option 2 boards on my Nytro with rear cooler. #1 running boards IMO, no factory boards can even come close to the design, strength and functionality of CR boards.
I will be putting a set on my SW. Here is a link. I know it doesn't say Side Winder but says Viper, basically the same. Some minor hose changes. Chad will set you up if your wanting a kit.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also really like my CR boards, I am going to put them on my Cat this summer

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should share the delusional drugs you are taking so we can all see the rainbow wedgie for all the greatness and cutting edge technology it has being it must have been at least 25 years ahead of its time.

One thing I can say for sure is there isn't a snowmobile manufacture that will run with it by 2020.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are boards available for the SW, basically 2 options. Option one just the boards and option two with a rear cooler. Coolant runs through the boards. I currently have option 2 boards on my Nytro with rear cooler. #1 running boards IMO, no factory boards can even come close to the design, strength and functionality of CR boards.
I will be putting a set on my SW. Here is a link. I know it doesn't say Side Winder but says Viper, basically the same. Some minor hose changes. Chad will set you up if your wanting a kit.

Those are nice. Pricey! Have you already bought a SW? What else you planning? 174?

Top Bottom