Sidewinder 174 build and season ride report

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So update on the new arctic cat magnetic tether, it appears that it doesn’t come with a plug or wires...but I found someone that is making the plug harness to fit into your existing tether on your Sidewinder. More to follow.
D6A52735-5958-4B6E-94A3-62B2D758F685.jpeg

Xmrider163

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You order the 4stroke magnetic tether switch and get this adapter harness ...will plug right into the plug for your Yamaha tether. If you have one.

Yep I got the tether and harness on order should be here this week.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You order the 4stroke magnetic tether switch and get this adapter harness ...will plug right into the plug for your Yamaha tether. If you have one.

Yep I got the tether and harness on order should be here this week.

Do you guys have the part number's?
I was at A/C the other day and told me that the switch is $45.00, it doesn't seem right considering the old tether was $100. I think he's quoted me the wrong stuff.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the CAI? .....I never did put one on and never really felt that I lost performance on the deep days. The way the Sidewinder draws air seems to work.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From all the manufactures such as CR, EVO, PEFI Hurricane etc. they do make a difference with pipe combo... for the 17 its a must but the 18 & 19 have better stock set up. I did it on my 18.

image1 (1).jpeg

Last edited:

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the evo cai looks like a wire framed cage? I like that it’s compact compared to the CR one. Stainless steel? Anyone have problems icing up like the rear mounts use to?

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the evo cai looks like a wire framed cage? I like that it’s compact compared to the CR one. Stainless steel? Anyone have problems icing up like the rear mounts use to?

Yes, mine iced up once last season, about half the prefilter but it was an exceptional day. Very deep fine snow and very cold. I recommend doubling up on the sock and that seems to cure any ice build up, never had that issue since.

There is no HP gains with CAI.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what Lund said from what I know as well. I have 3 socks so double up switch out as needed. I went with EVO as I have the charge tubes & BOV... fit to perfection. I just have to install plate around tube as you see it’s hanging on bars.. you will need to upgrade you’re BOV forsure as the OEM start to leak.

B274B8DA-A869-4004-AD9F-391A2C712504.jpg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what Lund said from what I know as well. I have 3 socks so double up switch out as needed. I went with EVO as I have the charge tubes & BOV... fit to perfection. I just have to install plate around tube as you see it’s hanging on bars.. you will need to upgrade you’re BOV forsure as the OEM start to leak.

View attachment 212916[/QUO
TE]

Who's BOV did you go with, i suspect not OEM.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I add a CAI on my sled this year. After running my sled in April with above zero temps, in tight trees going slow speeds (one trail in, one trail out), the sled temp light came on many times. So did the doo I was with.
When you add the CAI, you remove the air box as well as the intakes in the hood by the cluster. I started my sled and ran it to temp and wow, without the intakes, it now works like a vent. And a lot of heat was coming out for the little time it was ran.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 212916[/QUO
TE]

Who's BOV did you go with, i suspect not OEM.

Looks like EVOs. It's a nice clean install.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

View attachment 212916
I’ve tested my bov and so far it’s been good. Looks like a good clean setup.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone post a good close up of the 2018 stock intake screen on the console...is that the only change from 17? Looking at the parts it is.

Top Bottom