Side x side tires?

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a new 09 RZR and wondering what kind if tires I should be running on a side by side?
I do a mix of trail and mud holes with a little musk now and then. I was thinking of 27's mudlite xtr's or maybe I should go with something like Bighorns or swamplights?

Any input would be great.

deanb

Reaction score
I have mudlites and they are great. they will chew through any thing. The only time i have got stuck is when I have sunk down and the frame is resting on a rock and the tires can't get a grip. If one tire grabs out you come.

chucker

Reaction score
I have put on 14" ITP SS112 rims with 26" ITP Terracross. They work great for the riding I do-mud and forest trails. They are designed to carry the extra weight of the RZR. A huge improvement over stock.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put on 14" ITP SS112 rims with 26" ITP Terracross. They work great for the riding I do-mud and forest trails. They are designed to carry the extra weight of the RZR. A huge improvement over stock.

Do they work well in mud holes? Did you have to use spacers? Any rubbing issues with 26's?

Thanks for the help, love the rzr so far. Any input on first mods would be great, thanks again.

chucker

Reaction score
My tires work great in mud. To deal with the lower ground clearance of the RZR vs my 800 Sportsman, I added a 2" lift kit. I do not have any spacers. I wanted to keep the width to a minium. I was told the 26" tire is the largest tire you can put on without them rubbing or adding spacers.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you find it any tippier with the 2" lift? I do a lot of hill riding in our area and I'm still getting use to driving this thing and trying to learn its "tip" point. Its about the only thing I don't like about being straped in, you can't bail if things go south.

chucker

Reaction score
I stayed with the 2" lift to get alittle more ground clearance and didn't go any higher because I didn't want to make it less stable. I know what you mean about feeling straped in. It goes away in time, and you start to look at things differently. We were in the mountains in July long weekend (pictures in gallery) and once you get comfortable, I was climbing hills guys with quads would take a pass on. I love my RZR and I am selling my 05 Sportsman 800.

DCRZR

Reaction score
First mod.... BUY A AFTERMARKET AIR BOX. They suck dirt from the factory and the fix that polaris issued did not help.

so when are we haveing a rzr ride day?

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First mod.... BUY A AFTERMARKET AIR BOX. They suck dirt from the factory and the fix that polaris issued did not help.

so when are we haveing a rzr ride day?

I was looking at the K&N airbox but its around $450, is it worth it or is there something else a little more cheaper out there?

A rzr ride day would be so cool, these things are friggin awesome.

chucker

Reaction score
I have purchased a snorkel kit, I havn't installed yet. They say it will fix the air intake problem and I can then cross deeper water. I have recently received a letter from Polaris regarding a new upgraded air filter. It asks you to register on line to receive it.

tohigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got mud lites on the rhino, they work good and r lite

DCRZR

Reaction score
I was looking at the K&N airbox but its around $450, is it worth it or is there something else a little more cheaper out there?

A rzr ride day would be so cool, these things are friggin awesome.

I think I paid 425USD plus shipping for my dragon fire intake. It is worth every penny. This way I dont worry that I have dirt in my intake.

FYI the fix they have issued DOES NOT WORK.

I just got back from bruderheim and it was a blast.... I was rippin through some mud holes and a bunch of people were snapping pic's. lol

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was down at the store today, priced up a set of mud light xtr's but what I need to know is will the 26x11x12 and the 26x9x12 fit on the stock rims or will I need spacers to offset the rims?
Thanks

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went with the Mudlite XTR's 26's after talking with the guys at countryside in GP, found out they will work with the stock rims with no clearance issues.

Got them on tonight, seems to still have plenty of clearance around the engine, I'll be going out Friday with some hunting buddies and see how they work out.

Thanks for the replies guys :beerchug:

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went out today with the guys, got to say I was very impressed with how they worked out. Think I made a few believers out of the quadding buddies as well.

Thinking of maybe going with the 2" lift as well, has anyone found the rzr any tippier putting the lift on?

chucker

Reaction score
I put a 2" lift on this summer and have been out 4 or 5 times since including 3 days in the mountains. I do not find it any tipier. It works well in the mud holes. I think it will depend on the type of riding. If your doing tight turns or high speed turns, it might make a diffence.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brought the camera but didn't take it out as I got into the mud right away and didn't want to wreck my cam, gonna have to get a cheap-o for the quads I guess.

The XTR's did really well, powered right through the musk and did awesome in the mud.
Going out again on Friday, hope I remember to pull the camera out this time.

Top Bottom