side x side or quads

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure I read a thread asking for opinions about whether to buy a side x side or quads but cant find the thread. Anyway, looking at buying a toy for the summer months especially for the days it is not nice for boating. Wife isnt particularly comfortable driving a sled so I assume the same will go for a quad. So, I am considering a side by side instead. Will I regret it?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope! So fun. Pack a cooler and go! Great storage on it for chain saw axe gear whatever for those outtings. Or do a cage and rear seat and take the grandson

Take my commander for a weekend and see if that's what you like.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope! So fun. Pack a cooler and go! Great storage on it for chain saw axe gear whatever for those outtings. Or do a cage and rear seat and take the grandson

Take my commander for a weekend and see if that's what you like.

Tks Matt!! will probably take you up on that offer!

Timber_Tramp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had my wife on the back of a quad and shes ridden in a sxs .
She felt safer and seemed to enjoy the sxs better.
Matt , whats the daily rental on the Commander? ;)

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive had my wife on the back of a quad and shes ridden in a sxs .
She felt safer and seemed to enjoy the sxs better.
Matt , whats the daily rental on the Commander? ;)

Tks Mike! for you double the price as he needs to cover my free cost

are you around these days?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not a fan of SxS unless in your case where you would be taking the wife. I understand why she wouldnt feel comfortable on a quad unless she was driving. I say if you are gonna be the only one on it then go with a quad but with a passenger a SxS, she will feel alot more secure. With one person on a quad they might be able to "bail" in a bad situation but with a passenger it turns a bad situation into a terrible situation. In a SxS BUCKLE UP and hang on.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a quad to a SxS and now I am back on a quad.I went SxS for 2 up but that never lasts as the wife only comes along a few times then is not really into it.Buythe machine for you and you only.I prefer the quad to its small lite nimble ness over the SxS.In the forests of BC I had some dicy times squeezing thru in the SxS.Loading the quad into the back of a pickup is also much easier.I used to trailer the SxS but that gets old

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Quad and it was fun but once i got my rzr I would never even consider going back to a quad! Its more fun, safe, and easy to throw a cooler in the back and the wife in the passenger seat and drive around all day and try to get lost!

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ridden quads for 20 years, went to a RZR last Spring and no looking back. 700km to date this year with the wife and kids on board, go everywhere the guys with their quads go and the some, all with the entire family on board. Still all comes down to preference but I wouldn't go back.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input guys! I am leaning towards the sxs at this point just so that we can make it a family affair and knowing my wife she would prefer to be a passenger.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Polaris Ranger as well, they are a three seater, SXSXS on a bench seat, high up, instead of sitting in a bucket, and lots of room in the back for what ever else you want to take along. Just saying!!, never enough room.

Bruce.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a look at the Polaris Ranger as well, they are a three seater, SXSXS on a bench seat, high up, instead of sitting in a bucket, and lots of room in the back for what ever else you want to take along. Just saying!!, never enough room.

Bruce.

That would be great as I would like to be able to take my youngest daughter and/or grandson with us as well.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a quad, and my wife drives a Ranger....for us, it works great. I can go mess around, and she packs all the gear and kids.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 247913_10150196957466406_550351405_7404618_4752630_n.jpg
    247913_10150196957466406_550351405_7404618_4752630_n.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 90

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with others..been on a quad for years but wouldn't give up the sxs as I can pack the family along with the kitchen sink.....although when riding with G'N'G I do miss my race bikes.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with others..been on a quad for years but wouldn't give up the sxs as I can pack the family along with the kitchen sink.....although when riding with G'N'G I do miss my race bikes.

Haha. I sold the dirt bike in the fall. I'll have to replace it though, I'm missing it allready.

Top Bottom