side by sides

branded cat

Reaction score
What do you want to know? I bought a a/c prowler 1000 last year and it rocks. The the speedometer stops at 110km/hr. It comes with great shocks and rides unbelievable. My brother and a buddy of mine each have yamaha rhinos. I find the Rhino to be way underpowered , especially if you put 27" tires on it. Another friend is buying a new side by side and has tried the Kawy Terex and the 800 XP polaris. He preferred the polaris as it is a little quieter.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

I have 27" zilla's on my machine and don't find it underpowered for my needs, I don't expect more out of a machine than its capable of.

branded cat

Reaction score
Do you have a clutch kit on it?. A friend of mine was on the Beaverdam road by Grande Cache and my boy passed his rhino with his TRX 90. My buddy had 27"mudlite XTr's on it.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes clutch kit, cdi, etc I can do 80km right now, and can get close to100 if I put in a sheave. Problem is, with most of these engines the high speed burns out the lower con rod bearing and burns off cv boot's.

Last edited:

branded cat

Reaction score
Ya, I think on any of the UTV's, if your gonna put bigger rubber on you need to at least put on a clutch kit.As soon as the stock rubber is burnt off on my 1000 I am going to put 27"/9/14 and 27''/11/14 terra cross tires on it.

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 rhino put on 26" outlaw all the way around and love it(no clutch kit). May not be the fastest but I have really never had a need to do 110km/hr while out on the trail or hunting. It is always going to be what your needs and wants are that will determine what you want to buy. There are lots of options

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife drive a rzr..

She has had no problems and goes all the places we take the quads.
We put a 2 inch lift kit on it and a winch and heated seat pad.

Top Bottom